• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Harley mechanics here?

Shooters Edge

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
I have a 99 dyna wide glide. The diaphragm on the fuel petcock is leaking. Can this cause the bike to run "rich"? If I replace the petcock with a pingle, all I would have to do is plug the vacumm line right? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Shooter

No if the diaphragm is leaking fuel it will not run rich, maybe lean depending on how much it opens. Yes if you replace the valve just plug the line. Instead of a Pringle, look at jp cycles for a s/o valve. 19 bucks vs 91 bucks.
If you are running rich I would look at my float, setting might be a little on the high side.
If, if the diaphragm is leaking, (your petcock is never closed) and if your float is on the high side, it would make it run rich for a little bit. That’s why they made it vacuum back up to prevent fuel entering the cylinders when shut down.

No if the diaphragm is leaking fuel it will not run rich, maybe lean depending on how much it opens. Yes if you replace the valve just plug the line. Instead of a Pringle, look at jp cycles for a s/o valve. 19 bucks vs 91 bucks.
If you are running rich I would look at my float, setting might be a little on the high side.
If, if the diaphragm is leaking, (your petcock is never closed) and if your float is on the high side, it would make it run rich for a little bit. That’s why they made it vacuum back up to prevent fuel entering the cylinders when shut down.

I can see the diaphragm on the petcock drip fuel when I have the fuel turned on at idle. When I ride and shift into the next gear it pops. When I left off the throttle when riding it pop pa pa pop pops?

Back
Top Bottom