• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any body still quail hunting

When I was younger my dad released a whole bunch in a small spot in cherokee county. I hear one or two every once in a while. I like to whistle out in the area to see if I get a call back happens every once in a while.

None in Cartersville, but some good dove hunting.

I remember in the mid 80's walking out on my great uncles place with a 28ga and my pockets full of shells, and coming back with birds. Haven't seen or heard any there in over a decade. :(

I've got a springer spaniel. Got him used to shotguns and can shoot over him. He has flushed some quail but wont retrieve. Wish I had the time and space to work with him and train him more.

Okay, someone take me quail hunting.... Please! I've always wanted to go but could never afford it (still can't).

Hey shrek, where can we get in on that's dove hunting?

The pine log wma has some dove fields that are pretty good, take you a sidearm too in case a hog steps out on the field too.

Ive seen lots of doves on the fields the top end has a huge cut corn field. The end towards cartersville has a couple fields that ive seen some in while out squirrel hunting and looking for the random hog.

Back
Top Bottom