Another Newbie, Atlanta + World War II Reenactment Inforation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbi

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
31   0
Reaction score
I just found this site last week and have made several transactions. What a pleasure to be associated with a great group of individuals that are hassle free and straight shooters. For those of you have done business with me, thank you. I look forward to continuing these relationships and establishing new ones.

I hope the forum moderator approves of this message and will make a wider posting to all members of this website.

If there is anyone out there that has an interest in WWII reenactments, please consider the event at Fort Oglethorpe on 3 September. The event, Remembering our Heroes is the only fundraising activity each year for the 6th Cavalry Museum, an non profit organization. Patton's 3rd Army Living Historians and a reenactor who portrays General Patton will be in attendance as well as a Tiger tank (replica), which was seen in the movie "Saving Private Ryan" and the HBO series, "Band of Brothers." There will be a SOS Cook-off and a USO dance later in the evening.

Fort Oglethorpe is located .25 miles north of the Chickamauga battlefield at the Battlefield Parkway exit just south of the Tennessee state line. Another point of interest is the gun collection in the Chickamauga Visitor's Center.

The 6th Cavalry is 150 years old this year. I am on the board of trustees and the Vice Commander of the 6th S Cavalry Veterans Association. I was assigned to 1/6 at Fort Meade, MD in 1972.

I invite everyone including family members and friends to the "Remembering our Heroes" event. More information can be found at www.wwiiheroes.net and www.6thcavalry museum.com.

Thanks for being patient with an old Vietnam Vet who earned a CIB.

Thank you for your service and the continued support of memories and tributes of former Military Personnel and their legacies. Welcome to the ODT.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom