• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And eat it too..

210   0
Reaction score
As my wife deals with all the rain, she does a lot of baking. Now she bakes a cake and has maybe two slices and expects me to eat the rest. It's good stuff but man, It's hard to get rid of. Pound cakes I can live on but the layered ones with icing are killers. Wish we were up north, I'd share the stuff. Maybe one day, til then I'll suffer through.

I've gone on a baking binge lately. Just made a small batch (6) lemon cupcakes, no icing (You're right about icing being to much in a lot of cases). Crispy brown crust (I like crispy!), moist flaky inside. Sweet and tart.
upload_2021-1-14_7-48-15.jpeg

As my wife deals with all the rain, she does a lot of baking. Now she bakes a cake and has maybe two slices and expects me to eat the rest. It's good stuff but man, It's hard to get rid of. Pound cakes I can live on but the layered ones with icing are killers. Wish we were up north, I'd share the stuff. Maybe one day, til then I'll suffer through.
Hey, I'm not that far away

If you think the icing is bad, my wife's grandmother made "17 layer cake".
Layers baked in a cast iron skillet, as thin as a crepe.
17 layers fit into a normal covered cake dish.
With icing between each layer.

Back
Top Bottom