An AR15 is an AR15 is an AR15 .................................

I have a reputation to protect so I’m gonna stick with the cheap ass poor loc tite method, at least fer now, until I git everything just right.
Reputation? You've got numerous well informed people right here in this thread explaining that loctite doesn't work to prevent a castle nut from coming loose, but you're going to do it anyway? Freedom is right... This place is hopeless

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The BFH Mike demonstrated staking with at SOLGW was a joke. That’s not what they actually use, he admitted it was for dramatic effect.

This is the style staking tool they use as well, which is hand ground by one of their armorers....

View attachment 1482451
That looks familiar!

Reputation? You've got numerous well informed people right here in this thread explaining that loctite doesn't work to prevent a castle nut from coming loose, but you're going to do it anyway? Freedom is right... This place is hopeless

Sometimes a bad reputation, is still a reputation.

Just like the cluster **** known as Rock River.

I’m no expert and I’m not making any recommendations but it seems to me like the tab on the underside of the hole in the end plate is designed to hold the tube from rotating. If that’s the case then the castle nut ain’t got much load on it and just needs to stay snug enough to hold in the end plate. Which makes LOC tite on the castle nut look good nuff fer me, at least until I git everything just right.

I agree that a good staking would be better than loc tite.

I’m no expert and I’m not making any recommendations but it seems to me like the tab on the underside of the hole in the end plate is designed to hold the tube from rotating. If that’s the case then the castle nut ain’t got much load on it and just needs to stay snug enough to hold in the end plate. Which makes LOC tite on the castle nut look good nuff fer me, at least until I git everything just right.

Getting it right takes the same amount of time and effort as getting it wrong.

You're on the right track, the end plate is what what keeps it from rotating, that's exactly why you want to mechanically lock the castle nut to the end plate. Without staking lock tite may help the nut not vibrate loose over time but it does little or nothing to keep the buffers threads from rotating in the receiver if the rifle is dropped, or the forces a sling attached to the buttstock may put on it.

When you take off a A2 stock do you see thread locker on the screw attaching the stock to the buffer tube. There is a place for thread locker. I use it when I think I am going to make a change there. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I mentioned this. Everyone is a gunsmith on here and are eager to jump in and add there two cents in and probably have built nothing but a PSA jammomatic. In my 50 years on this great earth I have seen I don't know how many gunsmiths do their thing. Each has their own tip and tricks. We can sit here and argue all day on who is right but just let it go. We are talking about staking a fu*king castle nut. Not setting the head space on a 475 H&H magnum. It's not going to blow up in our face. Stake the ******** nut add a little locker if you want and move the hell on. You people will argue on how monkeys f*ck. Just do it the way you want to and let others do their thing.
For Christ sake guys. Do you not have anything else to do. I am trying to build a rifle and I get a jingle because some slack jawed fa*got is trying to make his mark on the thread.
Go build something. If you know so much go to your bench and build and be productive and/or shut the hell up.

When you take off a A2 stock do you see thread locker on the screw attaching the stock to the buffer tube. There is a place for thread locker. I use it when I think I am going to make a change there. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I mentioned this. Everyone is a gunsmith on here and are eager to jump in and add there two cents in and probably have built nothing but a PSA jammomatic. In my 50 years on this great earth I have seen I don't know how many gunsmiths do their thing. Each has their own tip and tricks. We can sit here and argue all day on who is right but just let it go. We are talking about staking a fu*king castle nut. Not setting the head space on a 475 H&H magnum. It's not going to blow up in our face. Stake the ******** nut add a little locker if you want and move the hell on. You people will argue on how monkeys f*ck. Just do it the way you want to and let others do their thing.
For Christ sake guys. Do you not have anything else to do. I am trying to build a rifle and I get a jingle because some slack jawed fa*got is trying to make his mark on the thread.
Go build something. If you know so much go to your bench and build and be productive and/or shut the hell up.
very well said, but will fall on deaf ears.Only a FEW can do it right everyone else is always wrong.

facepalming-2.gif

Back
Top Bottom