• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ammo storage

Filing cabinets are literally the best…meant to hold a lot of weight, lockable or easily converted to have a locking bar, metal, allows for organization and usually cheap when found second hand especially now that a lot of office spaces are downsizing and closing

I think the days of cheap ammo cans are gone.
I happened to find some (.30 cal) at a flea market in WV about 5 years ago for $2.00 each, most every body else there wanted around $10.00.
My best deal was at the monthly surplus auction at Picatinny Arsenal in NJ, I bought a pallet of 75 for $1.80 each. That was 15 years ago.
At the current home I build a 4'x8' work table about 40" tall (I am 6'9") out of 2x4's and 3/4" Advantec. It will hold two rows high and two rows deep (64 cans) with room under and behind for other things to be stored.

I'm toying with the idea of a semi-portable tool chest system that could be rolled in an emergency but it would stay put the majority of the time in one spot due to the overall weight once all the containers are filled up. Anyone else try this method?

1654468865066.png

I’ve got a gang box bolted to the floor. Out of sight out of mind. Guns are no good if somebody steals all your ammo.

Same here. I have an old Jobox bolted to the floor. I have a designated safe for ammo too, but when I ran out of room in the safe, the Jobox was the perfect solution. Ammo cans stacked inside.

Doesn't TruPrep TruPrep still sell ammo cans?

Same here. I have an old Jobox bolted to the floor. I have a designated safe for ammo too, but when I ran out of room in the safe, the Jobox was the perfect solution. Ammo cans stacked inside.

Doesn't TruPrep TruPrep still sell ammo cans?
Yep I think so. So does Northern and Harbor freight too.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom