• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo Sightings - Post All Ammo Sightings Here

3x Firearms in Loganville had ammo today. 9, 556, 40, 45, etc. Prices are high, but I'm sure he is paying a premium to get it. Im sure its tough for a small local shop to get any allocation when the big national stores (Academy, Bass pro, Walmart) aren't getting but a few boxes per shipment. Unfortunately, I think this is the new norm atleast for the foreseeable future.

3x Firearms in Loganville had ammo today. 9, 556, 40, 45, etc. Prices are high, but I'm sure he is paying a premium to get it. Im sure its tough for a small local shop to get any allocation when the big national stores (Academy, Bass pro, Walmart) aren't getting but a few boxes per shipment. Unfortunately, I think this is the new norm atleast for the foreseeable future.
Someone posted on this thread that some small businesses have resorted to putting both their family and friends on the ammo lines at the big box stores.

Was out today and stopped by two pawn shops and Cabelas. Both pawn shops had ammo but their prices made the flippers prices here look low. Talked to a Cabelas employee as to which days they could "possibly" have ammo and she said the only way she knows that is that a pawn shop owners truck is parked in their lot when they open. She said he is getting inside info and Cabelas is actively trying to find the "leak" and would fire the employee telling him. She said he will have 3 or 4 guys with him, 8 boxes per person. I bet it was one of the guys shop I stopped at earlier. Both had plenty of ammo but 55.00 for 20 .308 is ridiculous as is 70.00 for a box of 50 .380. Like selling generators or charging double and triple for a hotel room after a hurricane. These folks never "let a good crisis go to waste"....as I said before they wouldn't be selling this stuff at that price without under educated consumers.

I dont doubt that in the least. i stopped at cabelas in search of turkey loads and saw 3 guys (late 40s 50s with nice neckbeards) walking around the ammo area frantically then all but running out of the store. They left and headed straight for cartersville academy as i was heading home.

Protip: Natchez holds reserve stock for phone orders. I was told that they keep a par level of cases held back off the website to avoid web orders putting them in the negative and having to issue refunds. Their phone agents can assist, limit 10 boxes per SKU that's in stock, limit 1 1000 round in stock case per SKU

Protip: Natchez holds reserve stock for phone orders. I was told that they keep a par level of cases held back off the website to avoid web orders putting them in the negative and having to issue refunds. Their phone agents can assist, limit 10 boxes per SKU that's in stock, limit 1 1000 round in stock case per SKU

I just called Natchez Shooters Supplies, INC. They have no 22LR and no 7MM Rem Mag.

Thought I would save ya'll some hold time!!!

I was not out in the trenches today work would not allow me to ammo hunt. Reports from friends were Academy in Cumming had alot of ammo today as of 12 pm they had at least 10 boxes of Winchester 556 500 rounds, and whole bunch of 50 round monarch steel 9mm, I was shocked to hear how much pricing went up for the box of 500 almost 300 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom