• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

American Tactical 1911 . Lots of metal work and Cerakote "New Pics"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
841   2
Reaction score
Just picked this up today from another member. He got it on trade but never fired it...I know this to be true because the ambi-safety was broken whenever you tried to apply the safety the whole thing just fell out. Anyhow glad he never shot it...it had other issues too. Well after some gentle persuation the new safety fits and operates properly. Installed a new Wilson combat hammer(the old one had a hairline crack in her) Feed ramp issues are fixed and the mag no longer plops out when you load a round. Gave her a good acetone bath, 500 aluminum oxide grit blast and a nice coat of graphite black and burnt bronze cerakote (you knew I would)...all in all she's a good little shooter.

Attachments

• SAM_1350.JPG
    SAM_1350.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 87
  • SAM_1351.JPG
    SAM_1351.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 60
  • SAM_1354.JPG
    SAM_1354.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 69
  • SAM_1359.JPG
    SAM_1359.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 77
  • SAM_1361.JPG
    SAM_1361.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 39
  • SAM_1362.JPG
    SAM_1362.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 42
  • SAM_1364.JPG
    SAM_1364.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I love that burnt bronze, does it work well on like Glock plastic frames?

Did the parts come broken from the factory, I'm assuming so since you said never fired, that's some serious QC issues if they are sending out non functioning pistols. I had one of their berretta 92 clones and that ran perfect, but then again they actually bought an old berretta manufacturing plant so they had all the same machinery they used to make the Berrettas. And the trigger and guide rod was still steel as opposed to the new real berretta plastic.

I love that burnt bronze, does it work well on like Glock plastic frames?

Did the parts come broken from the factory, I'm assuming so since you said never fired, that's some serious QC issues if they are sending out non functioning pistols. I had one of their berretta 92 clones and that ran perfect, but then again they actually bought an old berretta manufacturing plant so they had all the same machinery they used to make the Berrettas. And the trigger and guide rod was still steel as opposed to the new real berretta plastic.

The gun was traded to the guy I got it from with the broken parts. It did not come from the factory that way...the original owner tried to do a little half ass gunsmithing work on it....i'm pretty sure he broke the pieces.And yes it works great on polymer frames

Last edited:
I don't know why but that gun looks very familiar for some reason??
The colors really appeal to me !!-LOL
Almost like i have seen one like it before???
great work again Howie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom