American Blackout....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
This movie is supposed to air tomorrow on NatGeo:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/american-blackout/

I am not impressed with their survival programming in general, but the scenario of a cyberattack on the power grid is a very realistic possibility.

(I listen to a computer podcast where they talk about this. They say there is stuff from the chinese govt. all over our grid. Trojans which were designed to map out the whole thing. I can think of no legitimate reason for this kind of stuff.... Unless those jackasses really plan to pull something like this one day.)

Last edited:
After...the goods would have to stop flowing then you'd see that "group" for what they really are, god bless those caught up in it. I'd be getting out of dodge asap if the TV's stop broadcasting...

you couldnt live in half the country for part of the year....SW during the summer...NE during the winter...plus think about everyone on breathing treatments, O2, dialysis, the old, the yong, etc..

Darn it- same time as the Walking Dead... I know what I'll be watching.

Could be an interesting show. Unless we were talking an X class solar flare that hit earth directly, I'm not sure why it would take so long to get power restored- at least locally. Is it possible that changing the computer program would physically damage the system? Granted, I don't know that much about infrastructure, but at some point you hit a fuse or a circuit breaker that was put there to prevent catastrophic failure.

Now set to record - THANKS

FYI - There are three separate power grids in America - East, West and TEXAS. Yes they have their own grid.

FYI 2 - China would not have to shut down the whole grid. If they shut down one plant and others could not react fast enough to meet the demand the grid will drop out to protect the circuitry.

The electricity went out at the water plant I work at this morning. When I finaly got some info on the reason I was told that GA Power had a "digital problem" and it would be back on in an hour. Digital problem. OK. Yeah, we could be without electricity easier than most people think.

and X2 on The Walking Dead. lol

Back
Top Bottom