• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ambulance enters hot race track, hit by 2 superbikes

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score

Absolutely insane. During the 1000cc superbike race at Robling Road in Savannah on Sunday an ambulance drove onto the straightaway on a hot track and was hit by two bikes at well over 100mph. Fortunately both of the riders walked away from the crash but this is one of the most egregious safety violations I have ever seen. No idea how this was allowed to happen but somebody is going to pay dearly for it.

Robling Road is an awesome track but I've always been nervous about that design. There is only one entrance to the infield and it is straight across the fastest part of the course. I can only imagine the panic that they must have felt when they suddenly saw a freaking truck in the middle of the track while they were winding out in 6th gear

Absolutely insane. During the 1000cc superbike race at Robling Road in Savannah on Sunday an ambulance drove onto the straightaway on a hot track and was hit by two bikes at well over 100mph. Fortunately both of the riders walked away from the crash but this is one of the most egregious safety violations I have ever seen. No idea how this was allowed to happen but somebody is going to pay dearly for it.

Robling Road is an awesome track but I've always been nervous about that design. There is only one entrance to the infield and it is straight across the fastest part of the course. I can only imagine the panic that they must have felt when they suddenly saw a freaking truck in the middle of the track while they were winding out in 6th gear

Dam!!!!!!!

Glad the riders were able 'to walk away ' truly not their time .

I took a class on that track - Ed Bargy I think - way back in the day.

Somebody asleep at the switch?

Not sure what happened. The race was under a yellow flag but the track was still hot. Whoever opened the gate to allow the ambulance onto the track nearly killed 2 people.

At least emergency personnel were close by when it happened!

Seriously though, I doubt that anybody will be held to account for this.

Somebody gonna lose their job for this at the very least. Hopefully somebody is also going to have to pick up the bill for 2 new race bikes. Everyone signs a waiver to get on the track but I'm not sure the waiver covers acts of incredible stupidity by the track staff

Good that they were professional, an amateur would probably have been seriously injured or killed.

WERA is an amateur racing league but those were very experienced riders. Notice how he didn't panic and kept the bike upright through that death wobble for as long as he could to scrub off as much speed as possible before he went down

Back
Top Bottom