Am I the only one on black friday

Very smart!

Goot lawt, meat has gotten exspensive!
I never thought of doing that. I guess you gotta really dig turkey. But yes, like Hayata said meat has gotten crazy expensive. And the quality has NOT kept up with the price. I miss having a Winn Dixie close by. But when I get moved down to Brummick later this year I'll be close to several. But then I'll probably miss Kroger.

Am I the only one on black friday that says screw the lines at the department stores and heads to kroger at 6am to buy up all the left over thanksgiving turkeys at 25 cents a pound? Was thinking about it today as I cooked the last one I had in the freezer.. $5 for a bird that I can turn into 6 or 7 different dinners plus sandwiches? Yes please.

I always make sure to get the freezers all empty before hand so I have room for at least 6 of them :) 4 in the chest freezer and 2 in the fridge freezer

Sounds to me like you need a bigger chest freezer...

Am I the only one on black friday that says screw the lines at the department stores and heads to kroger at 6am to buy up all the left over thanksgiving turkeys at 25 cents a pound? Was thinking about it today as I cooked the last one I had in the freezer.. $5 for a bird that I can turn into 6 or 7 different dinners plus sandwiches? Yes please.

I always make sure to get the freezers all empty before hand so I have room for at least 6 of them :) 4 in the chest freezer and 2 in the fridge freezer
been doing that for years. i love me some turkey i cook one every month or two. next time you bake one. after you have finished cutting off everything you want put it in a crock pot , the back, legs everything. with a large family size can of chicken broth. cook that until everything has fallen of the bones. save the meat and broth. chunk the bones and other junk. chop up a couple of stalks of celery, two small carrots , and onion and a large potato. put the vegies the broth and what ever extra meat you got along with one can of white corn and a family size can of cream of chicken and one family size can of cream of mushroom soup into the crock pot .cook until the vegies are done. it makes a thick turkey chowder type soup

Definitely gotta do that, my son does a deep fried Cajun rub turkey that is outta this world! And last year he gave me a deep fryer for my birthday.

Back
Top Bottom