• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Always a first

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
50 years of reloading and it happened. My first stuck case. I was reloading 300 Blackout. Forming pretrimmed .223 brass.
Bam the 2nd case stuck in the FL sizing die. I was greasing the cases up pretty good so I didnt suspect a lack of lube. I searched around and found my RCBS stuck case tool. I've never had a stuck case and I think it's because I had that stuck case tool rat holed away.:tinfoil3:

I got the case out without a hitch but noticed the hole in the expander ball was slightly off center. I grabbed my .308 die set and compared sure enough the expander ball de-priming pin hole is a few thousandths off center. I swapped out the .308 expander stem for the 300 Blackout and completed my reloading 200 rounds without a hitch.

I have a mix of Redding, Hornady, RCBS, Lee dies and havent seen this. I'm contacting RCBS Monday to see what they say.

I had my reloading first the other day, too....was processing some range pick up .223/5.56 and was full-length resizing and decapping them when, *thunk, ping!* -- decapping pin bent and snapped in half. Apparently, there is a company that makes brass cases that are Berdan primed. I had no idea. :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom