• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Although 55° outside is not nearly as cold as it has been, still a good day for chili and cornbread.

White rice smothered in chili is the way to go
IMG_3391.gif

So, a little update to my chili from yesterday.
Last night the stomach rumbling started. Didn't think much of it, knew it would happen eventually, just like it always does especially after 2 big bowls. Except this time, it came in waves. I mean every 20 mins or so. Can't remember the last time chili hit me like that. Then I remembered I had a church function to go to at 6 pm. Couldn't skip it since my boss and his wife invited me personally. Fortunately, they got there before I did, so I did what a typical back-row-Baptist would do and sat in the very last row, off to the side, all alone. After an hour it really kicked in, so I had to leave before I fogged up the whole church. Got home and it came in waves again, but I survived the night.

Problem was, I forgot I had a nuclear stress test scheduled for 8 a.m. this morning in Atlanta. I hit the head before I left and was good to go. By the time I got to the clinic my stomach was rumbling. I checked in and immediately hit the head. I got back into the waiting room and was awaiting the next wave when the nurse called me back for my test. I honestly thought I was going to have to stop the test for a toilet break. Only by the grace of God did I make it through that test without any stomach rumblings (and got a great test result, no issues.) Made it all the way home without any issues too. Lucky me.

So, a little update to my chili from yesterday.
Last night the stomach rumbling started. Didn't think much of it, knew it would happen eventually, just like it always does especially after 2 big bowls. Except this time, it came in waves. I mean every 20 mins or so. Can't remember the last time chili hit me like that. Then I remembered I had a church function to go to at 6 pm. Couldn't skip it since my boss and his wife invited me personally. Fortunately, they got there before I did, so I did what a typical back-row-Baptist would do and sat in the very last row, off to the side, all alone. After an hour it really kicked in, so I had to leave before I fogged up the whole church. Got home and it came in waves again, but I survived the night.

Problem was, I forgot I had a nuclear stress test scheduled for 8 a.m. this morning in Atlanta. I hit the head before I left and was good to go. By the time I got to the clinic my stomach was rumbling. I checked in and immediately hit the head. I got back into the waiting room and was awaiting the next wave when the nurse called me back for my test. I honestly thought I was going to have to stop the test for a toilet break. Only by the grace of God did I make it through that test without any stomach rumblings (and got a great test result, no issues.) Made it all the way home without any issues too. Lucky me.
It happens sometimes. Glad you had a good test. Mine started too, then I figured out I hadn't had my stomach pill for the day. Small swigg of vinegar, pickle juice and my pill, I was good

Had chili last night! Air has a chill to it! Goin to my neighbor and her husband’s tonight for chicken enchilada soup and chicken pot pie tonight ! She’s like a daughter to me and says she going to be sure I get at least one good meal a week!
Very nice young lady right there! God bless her and her family!!
You're a great man Sir!
I worry about you, a lot!
How is it going after your other half passed on?

Back
Top Bottom