• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Alligator hunting

MFCory

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of putting my name in for alligator hunting one of these years. Anyone ever go? Anyone going this year? And what areas do you hunt for gator in zone 4 where coweta county is?

There is no gator hunting in coweta county. I killed a gator in zone 4 last year and i will tell you it is a hard zone to hunt. not really alot of big gators you really need to scout and know where you need to go before driving down. I saw alot of people not do their homework and leave really disapointed.

I would love to go out one year with someone to try my hand at helping out on the hunt. If anyone is lookin for some help please let me know.

Gotta draw the tag first... could take up to 4 years before you have enough priority points to get the Quota Permit, also DNR will tell you which Zone you can hunt in per the Quota draw

Got one last year in the Hootch above Eufala.Saw a lot.Learned a lot.On the east side of GA,you stand a slight chance of drawing one with 2 rejections,but you need 3 or 4 rejections to draw on the west side.

Just talked with Redneck1.He has bought a house at Seminole and will base out of there.Anyone get picked for zone 1 or 2 contact me and I can get you in touch with him.If you get picked you must purchase an alligator license ($50) if you don't have lifetime,and all people on boat must have the same license to participate in the hunt.Most fun you'll ever have Gar un tee

I have 3 reject points and I am putting in for points only this year, next year I will be on the water for sure! I want to hunt Lake Eufaula, I grew up fishing there and now I cant wait to hunt it!

Back
Top Bottom