• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hillbilly Headbanger

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   0
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you deer/bear hunt on Allatoona wma? I don't have alot of time to hunt so clubs are a waste of money for me and the National Forest land nearby gets way over hunted, so I usually stick to the few general wma hunts nearby. I've been looking for somewhere new to hunt and noticed Allatoona is open from November 21-January 1 for firearms e/s deer and bear. Does Allatoona get hunted alot? I was surprised to see it so "wide open" being a wma, are there alot of deer there? Are there many bears there?....a bear is on my bucket list . Just fishing for some general info about the place to see if it's worth the drive. Any info and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....

You'll have to check the regs on the exact dates. When I've hunted there during deer season in the past. There were hunters everywhere. I did get a doe on a doe day. I like pine log better due to the potential to get a hog as well. Unfortunately all the wmas near the metro are heavily hunted. Small game however-youll have the place to yourself. Have not seen bears there.

Since they only open some public land to hunting on certain dates it concentrates the hunters and in my opinion takes the enjoyment out of it. I tried to hunt Paulding forest and had the place to myself while scouting but when the hunt date came there was nowhere to park and after hiking in to my spot had others walking around me 30 minutes before dark. I can't invest my time in that kind of hunting ,I may as well camp out at the processor waiting for the meat that isn't claimed.

Back
Top Bottom