• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

All trail cams _ _ _ _ !!!!

drsmile

Default rank <2000 posts Sponsor
Master Extractor
162   0
Reaction score
I have tried them all. They all stop working after 12-18mos. Some wont power on, some wont let you set date, some stop letting you take pictures.

In an age where I can buy a cell phone, use it daily for 3 yrs and it still works when I go to buy a new one, why on this green planet can't a manufacturer make a trail cam that last more than 18mos?!?!!?

rant over.

Also, which SD card you use really does matter. And lots of name brand cards are actually cheap knock offs that even major retailer sometimes get sucked in to. I used to write an iPad photography app and about 70% of the photo problems we saw could be traced back to crappy SD cards. So if the cam powers on, try a new card. And when buying cards, stick with the big brands: Kingston, Sandisk, Transcend (in that order)

I have tried them all. They all stop working after 12-18mos. Some wont power on, some wont let you set date, some stop letting you take pictures.

In an age where I can buy a cell phone, use it daily for 3 yrs and it still works when I go to buy a new one, why on this green planet can't a manufacturer make a trail cam that last more than 18mos?!?!!?

rant over.
Try leaving your cell phone outside 24/7/365. Report back. ;)

I've never bought one new that hasn't lasted at least 3 years. (Probably shouldn't have typed that...)

I have owned a Moultrie for two years now and have thousands of pictures through it. No signs of stopping, must be luck.
I have used my 880's for 3 years, I service them, used the max SD card and Lithium Ion batteries,,At the end of the season I remove the batteries and service units, and store until the next season

Back
Top Bottom