• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Alien Gear vs. Crossbreed

BillMe45

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
158   0
Reaction score
This is a review and comparison of my well worn Alien Gear vs. my brand spanking new Crossbreed. Both for G21/G30

0318151512-00.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure I have only been wearing the CB for a few days so it isnt even really broken in good, the AG fits me perfectly (well broken in) but is starting to show signs of wear. Also even though both manufactures list both of these holsters as fitting the G21 and 30. The AG was ordered for a 21 and the CB for a 30. Hence the different length of the shell.
0318151512-02.jpg 0318151512-01.jpg

Price: Digging way back in my email I find that I paid $38.83 shipped for the AG. The CB set me back $78.70 shipped.

Leather: According to my mike the CB averages 0.2 " the AG averages 0.16" but varies from 0.14 to 0.18. The CB is very stiff but time will tell as it breaks in. Also AG gives you the "combat cut" standard. CB charges $10. I did not take that option but may cut it myself. Turns out I am a very big combat cut fan. I didn't understand how fast it is till I had a hybrid holster with out it.

Kydex: Both are thick, well made and hold the pistol very well. One note. Glocks use the extractor as a loaded chamber indicator. I carry a round in the chamber but the AG was formed for an unloaded chamber. Over time that indicator has rubbed the kydex so much that it took the finish off the extractor. After I found it I reformed it, but the damage was done. CB seems to understand this. You can see the little bump in the kydex that seems to be put there just for this reason.

Adjustability: AG has three holes on each side CB has four.

Extras: AG gives you a whole bag full of extra hardware, no such luck with the CB.

Aesthetics: The CB is a classy looking piece while the AG is more utilitarian. CB is standard black, you have to pay extra to get an AG in black. The CB clips look great, once again classy BUT I'm not sold on showing off the crosses (nothing to do with religion, I am a proud christian) anyone who reads gun mags will know what the clips are...but then again anyone who carries should know what the AG clips are too. I just think the CB clips may be a little to showy. Guess the lesson is you should keep all clips covered.

Comfort: Both holsters feel great, can't really tell one from the other except that the CB is still a little stiff. I expect that to go away as it breaks in.

Warranty: Both sport lifetime warranty's. AG claims to swap out shell for fee (you pay shipping) should you start carrying a different pistol. I dont know anyone who has done this so I dont know the wait for this service.

Final verdict: I know you didn't read all this just for me to be wishy washy...BUT... I have long said that AG was the best value in hybrid holsters and I will say it again. Is a CB worth twice the money? Thats up to you, it is "nicer". I guess if you think a Lincoln is worth 10K more than a Ford, then you might be the kind of guy that thinks a CB is worth twice the cash. I love it and am proud to own it but I dont think I will buy another. AG is just to good a value.

Attachments

• 0318151513-00.jpg
    0318151513-00.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom