• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Alexander's in Blairsville

TREYM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
Has anyone else been there. The place is huge. It took 15 minutes to find the guns. Clothes, furniture, shoes, all kinds of hunting attire, ammo and guns. It's like a redneck Walmart. The prices were great on most everything. I bought enough to need help carrying it to the car. $9.99 9 MM AND $9.99 380 and Shields for $299. It . It has been a good day. Staying at the Copperhead Lodge for our 23rd anniversary. Good food, , music and lots of drinks. Yall have a great weekend!!

Yeah, Alexander's is always a good stop if you are in the area. Although I think Walmart is more redneck than Alexander's :cool:
Not all their gun stuff is great pricing but they definitely have some fantastic monthly or weekend sales.
I drove up from Marietta back over thirty years ago to get a Browning Stainless Abolt right after they hit the market and nobody else could get them.

Has anyone else been there. The place is huge. It took 15 minutes to find the guns. Clothes, furniture, shoes, all kinds of hunting attire, ammo and guns. It's like a redneck Walmart. The prices were great on most everything. I bought enough to need help carrying it to the car. $9.99 9 MM AND $9.99 380 and Shields for $299. It . It has been a good day. Staying at the Copperhead Lodge for our 23rd anniversary. Good food, , music and lots of drinks. Yall have a great weekend!!

We did the exact same thing for our 13th anniversary a little over a month ago. We just happened to find Alexanders by chance. My wife had almost as good a time there as me. I bought some 9 mm too, already had the Shield, for my wife of course. There's a great selection of work/hiking/hunting boots as well. It should be a ODT requirement that members must visit Alexanders.

Years ago it used to be a lot larger than it is now

Look at the size of the Bldg on the outside
Compared to the retail space on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago it used to be a lot larger than it is now

Look at the size of the Bldg on the outside
Compared to the retail space on the inside

You are correct.They used to have section downstairs in the back where they had chainsaws, lawn mowers and hardware, but they couldn't keep the good ole country folk locals from walking away with stuff out the side doors, so they shut it down.

You are correct.They used to have section downstairs in the back where they had chainsaws, lawn mowers and hardware, but they couldn't keep the good ole country folk locals from walking away with stuff out the side doors, so they shut it down.

Used to have a Restaraunt too
Remember that ?

And gas pumps

Used to have a Restaraunt too
Remember that ?

And gas pumps

Don't remember a Restaraunt or gas pumps but I do remember when it was nothing but a little grocery store back in the 60s when Hoyt Alexander use to deliver groceries to my grandmother ,who didn't drive. Her house was about a mile from Alexanders . We still own that place

Don't remember a Restaraunt or gas pumps but I do remember when it was nothing but a little grocery store back in the 60s when Hoyt Alexander use to deliver groceries to my grandmother ,who didn't drive. Her house was about a mile from Alexanders . We still own that place

There was a small addition on the right end of the Bldg that was a video store and then a restraint

My best friend lived sort of near there and when we're were about 12 or 13 we'd ride our dirt bikes to Ish Dyers store , and then when she closed it Hoyts was the next closest place to tank up our motorcycles

There was a small addition on the right end of the Bldg that was a video store and then a restraint

My best friend lived sort of near there and when we're were about 12 or 13 we'd ride our dirt bikes to Ish Dyers store , and then when she closed it Hoyts was the next closest place to tank up our motorcycles

Yep, I know where Ish Dyers place was. Our place is right where Seabolt road comes in to Town Creek School Road.

I grew up near there too but was riding my dirt bike by Alexander's much later. In the late 90's and early 2000's. Beautiful area.

Back
Top Bottom