AK,SKS and all 7.62x39 intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestick

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions for folks that really know about rifles that use the 7.62x39 ammo. I own a sks and love it and I'm thinking about increasing the accuracy so 1) Would installing a scope accomplish this? suggestions! 2) I know there are other bolt action makes of this caliber cz,ruger,remmington are there any others and can you comment on the actual use to it's accuracy and reliability at 100yds.

Typical SKSs should be able to put ten rounds into a pie plate size target at 100 yards w/open sights. If you are looking to put 10 rounds in a half dollar size area, you've got the wrong rifle.
A scope may help you tighten them up, but the key here would be a solid fitting mount that did not move.
The SKS should be a reliable platform; the only SKS that has "issues" regularly are heavily used Yugo 59/66s which run the gambit of problems.
The CZ version of the bolt action 762x39 is AWESOME. My buddy has had one for years. At 100yds with wolf ammo he can put a group where the holes touch each other. If you were looking for companion to the SKS or AK in the same caliber, the CZ is hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom