• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK gunsmith

Seabass19x

Default rank <750 posts
5.45 Master Race
26   0
Reaction score
Anybody know of a reaaaally good AK gunsmith that they trust? I want to convert my milled arsenal to a 100 series side folder which will require a whole lot of milling drilling welding and refinishing. Figured I'd put my trump check to good use and give my bulgarian girl some plastic surgery.

Bulgarian ak's dont share any features of 100 series rifles outside of the cosmetics of the barrel components. Outside of that i dont think any gunsmith in GA can/ will do that kind of work. You'd need a custom back half fabricated and welded on, then have a folding stock hinge slot milled into the receiver. The work might cost 75% of the price of your rifle FWIW

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/Milled-mak90-hack-job-MAKMS/51-163885/&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

That's neat. Exactly the finished product I had in mind.

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/1...-style-side-folder.html#/topics/171014?page=1
This guy went about it a little differently. It's a vepr side folder rear end but said he can make a 100 trunnion work of I supply the parts.
I e-mailed him and his price seemed reasonable but he's booked for months.
Figured finding someone in GA would be a long shot but there's gotta be someone out there with the skills to do it :confused:

Try Meridian Ordnance in Kentucky. From what I hear he’s booked for months but does quality work. It’s worth the wait. Like Wolf six Wolf six said probably 75% of the guns cost. I’m with you though, it’s great having something original. Good luck in your quest, it’ll make an awesome piece!

Circle 7 Armory in Greenville, TX. It’s about $35 to ship each way, but his prices are very fair. Does awesome work and turn around time is quick.

If you’re local to Atlanta and want to see one of my rifles he’s done or refinished Lee me know.

Circle 7 Armory in Greenville, TX. It’s about $35 to ship each way, but his prices are very fair. Does awesome work and turn around time is quick.

If you’re local to Atlanta and want to see one of my rifles he’s done or refinished Lee me know.
I checked out their instagram page and I'm very impressed. Thank you for the lead

Seconded

Back
Top Bottom