• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Aimpoint PRO (Patrol Rifle Optic)

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Aimpoint is known for their high quality optics. The aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic or (PRO) for short is no exception. Along with having aimpoint's reputation you also get a superb mount along with having lens caps from the factory. Here are a few PROS and CONS.

PROS:
Quality: VERY high quality.
Battery life: 3 YEARS non stop run time!
Weight: Very light for its size.
Clarity: Optic is crystal clear!
Mounting system: The optic comes from the factory with a flat top mount. I'm VERY pleased with it. It has a clicking feature that does not allow you to over tighten.
Price: I paid just under 400 for this optic BRAND NEW. Its a huge value for the money.

CONS:
I have yet to find any!

Quick video review (NOT MINE BUT IT SOLD ME ON IT!)

Pictures mounted on a SIG 556R :
i41.tinypic.com_10msizo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the PRO, but I have had a couple of issues with the mount. I initially put it on my AK. The AK didn't have a flat top, so I had to put a side rail adaptor on it which sits a centimeter or so above the receiver. The factory mount is very tall. This, combined with the adaptor makes the PRO sit so high that I had to adjust the elevation on the PRO to almost the very bottom. I was afraid I wouldn't even be able to get it zeroed at 25 yards, but I did.

Not thrilled with the way it sat on the AK, I put it on my CX4 Storm. The adjustment knob on the factory mount is huge and gets in the way of the charging handle on the CX4. I was looking at the mount to see if I might could reverse it, but I don't think that you can. The solution would be to get an aftermarket mount I suppose (Larue maybe), but those are over $100.

All that said, the PRO as a red dot is awesome even if the mount they give you isn't the greatest. My father-in-law is an "Eotech guy" and after using my PRO wants one now.

I picked up my last AP pro for about $400 shipped. Used it on one of my ARs in a few classes and then switched it to my AR pistol for a while.

Hands down the best red dot optic in that price range. You just leave it on all the time and the battery lasts for 3 years. I replaced mine every year anyway just to be safe. Held zero like a champ even through some tough drills where it got banged around some.

It's not as cool as the AP micros and not the tank the Comp M4 is but for the shooters that do shoot a lot and do occasionally train with their weapons its a hell of a deal.

Back
Top Bottom