• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Aggressive Dog on Property

There is a neighbors dog that comes on our property growling and acting aggressive but doesn’t attack. It has approached me barking in my yard. Do I have the right to “eliminate” the dog on my property if it is barking and growling but doesn’t attack. I don’t want to wait till it bites one of my kids, thanks.
If he has made a habit of that, and you know it’s hasn’t bitten, then I think you could be in trouble if you “eliminated” it.
Can you not think of better ways to deal with it? Call animal control, LE?
Yell or contact the owner?

I had a similar problem. I told the neighbor about his dog. NO RESULTS. I called Animal Control every day for 2 weeks and they didn't want to kill it, just try to capture it. I then politely explained to him that if his dog is deemed a threat again, I will kill it. If he so happens to want to come at me, I will kill him too. I never had another problem

Good advice here thanks. I really don’t want to hurt a dog unless I have too. Just don’t know if it’s capable of hurting someone in my family. It acted angry on my property and I know my kids would run when I’m not with them and that would probably make the dog chase them. Tried talking to the owner but she doesn’t speak English very well.
I have had entire conversations with people using Google translate. "Keep your dog on your property, or else" translates.
Damn man, that's a ****ty situation

I have an 85 pound Doberman. She is the worlds sweetest dog. I forget sometimes that she can be intimidating. She is kept on our property and otherwise leashed If we take her out. Should she ever be a problem I hope the person would come tell me. I do Fully understand assuring your kids are kept safe And not wanting the dog on your property . I would have a hard time getting past someone shooting my dog. Hope you can resolve this, keeping the kids safe and comfortable in their own yard and not shooting the dog. I would think Cobb county would have leash laws.

It would have to be pretty bad before I would hurt someones dog
F that. Be a man and kick the **** out of that dog. That is what dogs understand. That dog is asserting dominance over the OP. Run that dog down, tackle that SOB and beat it like a man. It’s a damn dog not someone’s child. People and their ****ing animals, **** is ridiculous.

You guys don't be anxious to go out and Slaughter something for Christ sakes. You and your family go over and get to know the dog. Then when he comes over he'll be glad to see you. Just don't think a gun will solve every problem you have for crying out loud people.
Reassert dominance over the mongrel. Don’t go over and have tea with the owner.

Warn your neighbor first. The next time, call animal control

I had almost the exact situation when my kids were 6 & 8 with three pit terriers (pit bulls). Adult male & female and a 6 month puppy. Puppy was no problem but the male & female adult would charge me in my yard. I didn’t back down, so they stay about 5-6 feet away from me barking growling. My kids on the otherhand would have ran. And you know they would have attacked.

Called animal control here in cherokee county, and they would only come by if I had the animals detained!!! What a waste of a department!!!

Back
Top Bottom