• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Afternoon 10/27 Hunt

RSBrown

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Was just looking for a quiet afternoon on a pretty fall day, told my buddy if I shot it would be worth it. Nice and quiet, mental decompression in progress and this guy shows up out of nowhere, literally 20 yards in front of me. A high shoulder hit at 15 yards and he dropped and expired in 3 minutes. Especially rewarding as it is my second deer taken by my first build, 10.5" 300 BO, with some of my first handloads - Barnes 110 TACTX sitting on H110. The 200 yard solo drag has this old body screaming this morning, but it was worth it.
October 2021 Deer 1.jpg

Awesome 10! On a doe or just cruising?
Actually an 11, one small sticker on the right main beam, I counted them 31 times in the first 20 seconds :D

Just cruising - straight at me, then turned right and stepped into the logging road. If you have ever had one of those day dreams where a big buck just shows up and gives you a perfect shot, it happens. Still processing the whole 20 seconds from "oh ****" to bang, but dreams come true. Happy old man today, sore for sure, but already prepping to load more of these fabulous rounds

Back
Top Bottom