Advise/Advice to replying to a M&G thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWC

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
154   0
Reaction score
THIS THREAD WAS STARTED IN STUPID STUFF FOR A REASON. IT IS JUST STUPID STUFF.
Following up on the “advise/advice thread, which was needed, here is some more advise….wait…advice….well…advise/advice.
Anytime a M&G is announced or a Swap Meet planned, there are members who cannot come to the event. That is understandable, not everyone can be available on a specific date. Some of our members feel the need to tell you why they cannot attend. Some are good reasons, some are just plain funny. To help my fellow members in deciding whether the reasons are solid or just funny, here are a few of the reasons, for not attending. I will break them down into two categories, Solid and Funny.

SOLID REASONS THAT ARE ABOVE QUESTION
I have to work.
I have other stuff to do.
I cannot make it.
I don’t like where the event is being held, and I do not want to support where it is being held.
I have a wedding, graduation, family event, at or near the same time and cannot attend.
The M&G is just too far for me to comfortably travel.
Because of the distance to the M&G, I cannot get there and get back in time for another event that I have to attend.
I will be out of town that weekend.
My family has vacation planned starting or during the time and date.
I will be having surgery.
A family member passed.
I don’t want to go.

FUNNY REASONS
While cutting my grass, I had to stop and take pictures of a rabbit and it caused me to be late completing my work and could not attend.
I would attend but I believe that my wife wants me to do something that day; I will get back to you.
I would like to attend, but I don’t feel as though I will be accepted by the others.
My rooster needed attention.
I have to wash my car.
I have to wash my bike.
I have to wash my hair.
I have to watch a fire.
I am sure there are others you find Funny. Feel free to post yours.

The Funny Reasons are normally made by those who have never attended a M&G and have no plans to attend, but want to give the impression that they were going to attend.

Bottom line, if you can’t attend the M&G, don’t feel obligated to give a reason. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom