• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Accidents?

I don't believe in accidental discharges. Negligent discharges on the other hand...

Cars don't have accidents?

Chainsaw users don't have accidents?

Presidential elections can't result in commies by accident?

-Let's not argue semantics. Guns are mechanical devices. Accidents happen.

Here is an "accident" story.

A gunsmith once showed me a barrel off a Colt police positive. It looked a little like a string bean.... It had an irregular shape, with small bulges all the way down. The story was that some guy shot once, and didn't see anything happen in the target area...... So he pulled the trigger 5 more times.

-You guessed it, those bulges were all 5 other bullets rammed in the barrel. Must have had no powder (or very little.) With full loads, the second round (or any of the following ones) should have detonated the barrel.

I should have added with any modern, quality firearm. Black powder guns, antique guns, cheap guns like lorcins, jennings, ravens etc. don't fall in the above mentioned category.
If you tell me you had an AD with your unmolested Glock, then I'm going to start trying to figure out when you had your finger on the trigger and how you managed to pull it without following the Four Basic Rules of Firearms Safety.

Yeah, exactly. The only Glock related story that comes to mind is that guy has a well worn holster and when he reholtered his Glock part of his holster was bent and actually caused the Glock to fire. Anyway, I agree, that if you put your finger on the trigger and it fires it's not accidental :)

I ate at Shoney's breakfast buffet once about 15 yrs ago and had "accidental discharge" before making it home. I'm still scarred from that memory.

I was just thinking about a couple of other threads which were going on accidental discharges....

-Got me wondering about reloading. Anyone ever have an accident while reloading, or as a result of some mistake?

Thank God, knock on wood rabbits foot ect.. I have yet to have an issue. I even hate to say that. With all the variables that go into reloding you are bound to mess up once and awhile. The thing is where do you catch your mistakes, on the bench or on the range. I think one thing that has helped me is by having a single stage press it kinda forces you to take things slow and look more closely at each step. IMHO.

Thank God, knock on wood rabbits foot ect.. I have yet to have an issue. I even hate to say that. With all the variables that go into reloding you are bound to mess up once and awhile. The thing is where do you catch your mistakes, on the bench or on the range. I think one thing that has helped me is by having a single stage press it kinda forces you to take things slow and look more closely at each step. IMHO.

Couldn't agree more! O.C.D pays. I've blown a primer or two from some poorly stored 4831. That's what come to mind. Another time I accidentally picked up my Ruger .45 Colt and .44 mag ammo. The bullets were going through the target awfully low and standing on end.

I had fired several before stopping and double checking everything and discovering my mistake. I had two near identical single actions and just carelessly picked up the wrong combo.

Feces does happen!

Back
Top Bottom