• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Academy Sports in Hiram

yellowhammer

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
Paulding county now has a good outdoor shop,opened today.Good prices on guns and ammo.Only disappointment was the lack of hunting boots.None at all.I went to replace my old snake boots.They will take requests if you would like to see them stock a certain gun.I enjoyed the trip.Bought some ammo and stuff.No mo Walmart for huntin` stuff.

Is the firearm selection centered around hunting or is their a wide selection of plinking and self defense guns?

Last edited:
Well worth the trip, they had a few things that are out of stock everywhere else. Namely the Purple Sig Mosquito my wifes been wanting.

checked it out today. was a mad house around the gun department. a well rounded selection of guns for a major chain. prices decent but you can get a little better deal from local gun shops for what i can see. if you dont mind spending a little bit more for the convenience of getting some of the more popular guns its definitely the place. loved the "self serve " ammo selection. no more waiting on a walmart clerk and then having to go behind the counter to show them what you want. not a slam on walmart employees. just an observation from personal experience. not a huge tactical section but you can find items like ak mags, pmags, slings and a few of those items that when you want them now its not worth saving a few bucks to wait on snail mail. great under armour selection. worth a check out. can see myself visiting regularly. great for paulding county. saves some time and gas from traveling to AO for some things. my 2 cents!

Checked it out today. Very busy. Gun counter was slammed, but overall good experience.. Better than the 18 mile drive to Dicks on BPKWY....

Back
Top Bottom