• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

About to move to a new address...

Pull out one of your approved Forms flip it over, pan down to the bottom...

Form 4 said:
Change of Address: Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any changes to the address in Item 2a.

Ref: ATF Form 4 (5320.4) Rev. March 2006

Form 1 said:
Change of Description or Address: The registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearms in item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant."

Ref: ATF Form 1 (5320.1) Rev. September 2007

They probably have the same or similar verbiage on current revisions.

If you're still located within the state that the the form 1/4 was originally issued in, then you are under no legal obligation to notify of your address change. The only time you legally are obligated to notify is A)if you are moving out of state, B)if you are transporting weapons out of state (suppressors and AOW are not part of this classification as stated on the back of the form)and must obtain permission C)or if you are a SOT/FFL license holder, in which case you must notify regardless of whether it is an instate move or not. It's convoluted as they haven't updated all the forms to reflect the changes effective June of 2013.

my only thought would think to change the address on the CCP so that the address on that and your DL match next time you are doing a 4473 but i don't know that it has to be done.

I dunno man (BattleSausage), do you have any citations for that? When dealing with the BATFE I'd be very hesitant to not do what their forms explicitly say to do. I'm all for reducing paperwork, but I'm also all for staying out of Federal PMITA prison. (or at least having a procto-exam by the ATF)

As you say, the May 2016 versions of the Forms still say:

Form 1 said:
Change of Description or Address:
The registrant shall notify the NFA Branch
, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the description of the firearm in Item 4, or any change to the address of the registrant.

Form 4 said:
Change of Address:
Unless currently licensed under the Gun Control Act, the registrant shall notify the NFA Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, in writing, of any change to the address in item 2a.

Seems pretty clear. I'd really like to see what that June 2013 ruling was. Thanks for any links/info you can provide.

Ref. New (05/16) forms:
Form 1 - https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/f53201applicationtomakeandregisterafirearmpdf/download
Form 4 - https://www.atf.gov/resource-center...dtransferandregistrationoffirearmpdf/download

I dunno man (BattleSausage), do you have any citations for that? When dealing with the BATFE I'd be very hesitant to not do what their forms explicitly say to do. I'm all for reducing paperwork, but I'm also all for staying out of Federal PMITA prison. (or at least having a procto-exam by the ATF)
Nah man a year in club fed at best. I heard they allow conjugal visits in there.

Back
Top Bottom