• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Abandoned

Some of these are just heartbreaking:

Seriously? A Ragtop Beetle?
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_19_a7eze9u6.jpg

OOOH! House boat! ;)

And that last one...Man I'd move in there and consider it a fix-er-upper! Place looks like it has STYLE.

Due to gubmint cuts and B.R.A.C (base realignment and closure) two of my old stomping grounds are shuttered/abandoned: Ft. Mcclellan in Alabama and Ft. Ord in California. Those were big bases, wonder what they look like now?

The old Brook Run mental hospital in Dunwoody. It's now been bulldozed and made into a dog park. Used to be a "haunted" place we would sneak into in high school. Just so weird how everything was left "in place". Even employee lockers would have pay stubs, etc. It was almost as if the place was quarantined? #area51

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_usa9ydab.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_ava6eje9.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_epasyban.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_ugu9ena9.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_8a2upajy.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_2yqyza8y.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_21_nyjehaje.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_20_e8yqemar.jpg

Such a waste....that could make a little slice of heaven.....your own private island/country !!

I believe that is Hashima Island off the coast of Japan. Fairly interesting history on it. I wanna say it was used in Skyfall, though not 100% on that.

Wally... Great thread as always. A lot of these pics have been used on History Channels "Life After People". Great series.

Back
Top Bottom