AAC is moving to Alabama... damn

Sucks for the employees - but what has the State of Ga done to entice any of the firearms industry to come or stay to Georgia? Alabama, Tenn, Texas. They get it. We just sit on the sidelines and watch it seems.

Not true actually. Ga offered a lot to Remington and beretta. We just got outbid. Rumor has it that roc got that old Chrysler plant for essentially free.

Not true actually. Ga offered a lot to Remington and beretta. We just got outbid. Rumor has it that roc got that old Chrysler plant for essentially free.

Honestly, GA (or any other state's) tax deals don't mean much to you and me. My old company was offered a METRIC TON of money to move to New Orleans, so Louisiana could have a digital feather in it's cap. State's are in a corporate welfare bidding war, and any tax credits wouldn't make a better silencer.

Let the big company finish it's consolidation, and destruction of any innovation, and let Alabama pay for that bragging right. Think about those folks here who had a job and did good work. They get severance and the chance to re-apply and relocate, ROC gets a right-off.

Who is the next AAC in Georgia? Dobbs? QRF? <--These are the things I want to know. :)

The "freedom group" isn't from and doesn't run out of alabama so how does this have anything to do with their consolidation specifically? It's just about cost plain and simple.

Honestly, GA (or any other state's)

tax deals don't mean much to you and me. My old company was offered a METRIC TON of money to move to New Orleans, so Louisiana could have a digital feather in it's cap. State's are in a corporate welfare bidding war, and any tax credits wouldn't make a better silencer.

Let the big company finish it's consolidation, and destruction of any innovation, and let Alabama pay for that bragging right. Think about those folks here who had a job and did good work. They get severance and the chance to re-apply and relocate, ROC gets a right-off.

Who is the next AAC in Georgia? Dobbs? QRF? <--These are the things I want to know. :)

AAC, DPMS, LarsGrizzly, Montana Rifles, Para, TAPCO, Remington, and Bushmaster - not just AAC.

Read the updated original article:
"Update 5/15- 17:00 - An official statement from Remington Spokesman Teddy Novin confirms what we have been reporting via unnamed sources today. “Earlier today we announced the consolidation of multiple company plants into our Huntsville, AL facility,” said Remington Spokesman Teddy Novin."

"
Our sources inside ROC referred to an internal memo from ROC CEO George Kollitides sent to employees today stating that AAC in Lawrenceville, DPMS in St. Cloud, LAR Grizzly in West Jordan, Montana Rifles in Kalispell, Para USA in Pineville, TAPCO in Kennesaw, Remington manufacturing in Elizabethtown, and the Bushmaster and R1 1911 lines from Ilion, New York, will all move to Huntsville, Alabama."

I am not saying they are consolidating brands, but such no-differentiated manufacture would signal more uniformity to me (down the road).

Last edited:
The day Kevin sold AAC is the day the brand died. Relocated the Silencer Shoot I believe the same heard Cerebus bought AAC. The shoot was a disaster, it was all downhill from there.
He should pull a Bushmaster/ Wyndham Weaponry and open back up under a new name. Freedom Group has destroyed everything it has touched. **** em.

Sucks for the employees - but what has the State of Ga done to entice any of the firearms industry to come or stay to Georgia? Alabama, Tenn, Texas. They get it. We just sit on the sidelines and watch it seems.

It sure seems that way.

Beretta was supposedly looking hard at Thomaston for its factory, but as usual-the state didn't seem to give a ****. Just like all those car factories which went to neighboring states. Georgia needs to be more aggressive. They certainly lose out again, and again....

Back
Top Bottom