• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A thanks to the ole’ lady !!

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a much needed “THANK YOU” to my wife - Susan .
She doesn’t even grace the pages of this forum and probably will never see this but she is ACES in my heart and for also being who she is and what she does.
I have saw her give and help folks in need numerous occasions, with nothing to gain….ever. She watches after me every day , me being bound to not being able to walk, drive, or basically get around without much pain and grunts ! I know she does this because it is not what she signed on for but is one of those rare souls that didn’t bail at the first (or foremost) signs of hardship in my physical condition.
I try my damnedest to do for myself at every turn, I try to take care of myself the best I can but sometimes it is really a hardship and I could use a hand. She goes above and beyond when she is around.
I have seen lots of situations like mine where the spouse gets left behind after 20+ yrs of marriage and they get to the point where it’s hard to get along without help. My physical condition is worsening from years of joint and bone and muscular degeneration due to situations I can’t control but I keep on kicking it as best I can. Sometimes it is brutal. Other times it is bearable.
Anyway - I think I really hit the jackpot with this lady, she is something else. She bore me a beautiful child that is grown and doing very well with her own family in the works.
As we move toward retirement, I just wonder how much more I am holding her back from doing the things she deserves to do.
She goes and does with girlfriends occasionally and I encourage that big time. I want her to do the most she can with or without me !
Anyway - this is to the good spouses out there that know what caring for a loved one is about. Thank you all for the work and hardships you all bear . It is very much appreciated I am very sure !

Back
Top Bottom