• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Tale of Two Crush Washers, or Two Crush Washers One Barrel, and other AR oddities

Twice in two days I’ve sent someone to contact S&W with an issue with their S&W M&P-15 AR.

Yesterday was an A2 front sight assembly that was canted.

Today is an ejection port cover that won’t stay closed. After digging into it, I found that the holes drilled for the hinge pin are located improperly.

Quality control is lacking when weapons can leave a manufacturer with obvious defects.
More like prices are starting to drift back down. Let’s pump as many guns through at inflated rates as possible.
and it’s sad to see the M&Ps on launch where such a value for an entry level AR with a 1:8 barrel and 550 price point all Magpul furnitured out

Best thing to do would be to weld them with the muzzles together. That way, the bullet will start out spinning to the right, then abruptly spin to the left. This would totally negate spindrift, and enhance long range accuracy.
Ok now im REALLY curious as to what would happen if you did this. Anyone got two barrels laying around? :confused:

Chitlins, watch out when loading your mags. .300BO don’t go in 5.56 guns.
4FC06E8B-D9AE-4DB8-84B8-D287E8A421D7.jpeg

Chitlins, watch out when loading your mags. .300BO don’t go in 5.56 guns.
View attachment 3467373
Yeehaw!

I always wondered how this could happen until someone gave me a bulk can of 7.62x39 and I somehow tried to chamber a round of steel case 7.62x51 that he must have missed into an AK. No idea how I missed it when loading the mag up, but a good reminder to pay attention

Back
Top Bottom