A rash of bad odt members

Honestly, with this, leave negative feedback back.

You want ODT to be like it use to be? That sadly will never happen, you want to get it close to the first few years, use the feed back system.. weed out the bad seeds.

Give newbies a chance. Just deal locally with them only, like I do.
It sucks when we have to remove a neg. It is and always has been the rule to get the committed deal in a PM. A lot of them would stick based on what people show us on a phone screenshot. An "I'll take it" dose not mean a damn thing as far as a committed deal goes. Help us help you weed these folks out. One trend I see is that someone will say they do not log on often and to text. These are the ones who throw up flags to me and I avoid. The KEY is PM's :deadhorse:

Why not make it a rule that an "I'll take it" means you're committing to a deal.....seems really simple. Usually when someone post "I'll take it" in a thread it usually turns off potential buyers because they assume it's gone and therefor hurting the seller when they don't follow through with their "I'll take it".

Put PM's only in your ad and flag those that want text msgs to the mods.Pm Pm Pm pm pm read the damn rules or GTFO

Why not make it a rule that an "I'll take it" means you're committing to a deal.....seems really simple. Usually when someone post "I'll take it" in a thread it usually turns off potential buyers because they assume it's gone and therefor hurting the seller when they don't follow through with their "I'll take it".

Agreed, I will bring this up with the other mods. People post "I'll take it" quick to deter competition, especially on a good deal. This issue has come up before, I cant remember the outcome, but I am sure it is why it holds no value anymore.

Put PM's only in your ad and flag those that want text msgs to the mods.Pm Pm Pm pm pm read the damn rules or GTFO

Text are ok, it is a lot easier to communicate the deal, just seal the deal in PM. I don't get in the car until I have a confirmed PM, selling or buying. Good idea, about sellers putting PM only in ads.

An "I'll take it" dose not mean a damn thing as far as a committed deal goes.

Exactly. Same goes for when you mark an item as "gone" and close the ad. I understand the frustration Bass is relating to us and from his posts I gather he is of the same opinion. I like your suggestion because I for one have never, ever told someone "I'll take it" and then turned around and backed out. Call me crazy but I expect people to keep their word and they should expect me to keep mine.

Exactly. Same goes for when you mark an item as "gone" and close the ad. I understand the frustration Bass is relating to us and from his posts I gather he is of the same opinion. I like your suggestion because I for one have never, ever told someone "I'll take it" and then turned around and backed out. Call me crazy but I expect people to keep their word and they should expect me to keep mine.
I have put out an "I'll take it" and had the seller send me a PM saying that he's got a deal pending already. Then I've found another one, made a deal on it, only to have the first seller come back and try to take me up on my "I'll take it" and had to tell him that when he told me SPM, I continued my search and found another. Other that that, "I'll take it" should mean just that.

Most of our members believe that “I’ll take it”, means just that, you will take the gun. I suggest that the phrase, “I will take it, if it functions properly and is in the condition you describe”, be used. What if the pictures do not show the true condition of the gun? I am not talking about a seller who is trying to deceive, but let’s face it, your idea of a 95% gun may be much different than my idea of a 95% gun. Small scratches disclosed in the ad by the seller, may turn out to be huge scratches to you the buyer. What if the gun does not function properly? Again, not saying the seller is out to deceive anyone, but I have sold guns that I did not have a bunch of experience with, and maybe the seller just did not know of a problem. If you say “I’ll take it”, in my opinion, you are obligating yourself to buy that gun at the agreed upon price….period! As a seller, I would totally understand the buyers concern and would be glad to accept “I will take it, if it functions properly and is in the condition you describe”. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom