• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A question for you veteran Reloaders

Hornady dies have a spare pin under the foam-top right corner of the box.
1706904855930.png

U can call Hornady for replacement spindles, decapping pins

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I did and they sent me the new revised spindle and primer rod. The problem is the little plug that goes in after the de-primer rod and before it threads onto to the zip spindle is like it is to small. When you tighten it down it leaves the de-primer rod loose in there so it moves around too much. I've ordered three zip spindle kits from them and it's all the same stuff. I have never had any problems with my resizing and de-primer LEE die for 6.8. I think I'm just going to order a LEE to replace it from Amazon and be done with it. I am getting tired of monkeying around with it. That's what happens when they try to improve crap, it all goes to hell.

All bottle neck rifle cartridges require lube regardless if the die is carbide or not. I use One Shot or home brew Heat and lanolin in spray bottle.
I have a big plastic bowl I put all my brass in I put about a 50 to 1 hundred pieces in the bowl and spray it liberally while I'm shaking the bowl around. I get great coverage cuz I've only had a stuck brass case twice in the 7 years. I also spray a little bit up into the die itself as well

I use disposable paint roller tray liners. Makes it easy to hit all the brass with a couple sprays if lanolin and when it gets too dirty from dirty brass, trash it and grab another

Back
Top Bottom