A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some suggestions for other wordings:

I'll take it pending inspection.

I'll take it pending answers to questions.

A simple "I'll take it" indicates you are taking the item as is at the price stated. Any negotiations are over (or bypassed), questions answered, wife's given the ok, dog has sniffed it, etc. Desire by others is not a factor in you dropping out and it being ok. It's a benefit for the seller that he can still sell the item. Also, pricing an item cheaper and new at a store is something you should have done BEFORE you said you would take it.

I am not going to give my opinion becasue you can look at this in every way but THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WHEN I DO A DEAL AND I AM EITHER THE BUYER OR SELLER I MAKE SURE THAT WE MEET ASAP!!!!! Too many things can go wrong when you are waiting 2 or 3 days or even a week. Really when I post something for sale only, its becasue I want the money to buy something else or I just need the money. IMHO I think the number one neg feedback result should be for not showing or trying to negotiate price after you have agreed on price and a place to meet. I really try my best to keep deals close and even meet same day if possible. You would not have bought another one if you all had met that day or the next and everyone would be happy.

I probably would not have left you neg feedback but would you have been mad if it was a screaming deal and you posted I'll take it and 10 other guys after you but the seller decides he has it listed too cheap and either raises the price or decided to sell it to someone else for more money? Even though you posted I'll Take It!! There is a lot of different ways to look at these situations so you have to put yourself in others shoes.

Had to vote yes dude. In black and white, it was a deal.

And I don't agree that the situation is a Democratic vote from members. I would feel slighted if I were the other party that felt strongly enough to leave the negative feedback. Had this been me, you said you would take it and I DID decide to leave Neg...I would not be please with it possibly be removed from pleas from the other party. Sets a precedent that anyone can moan and get it removed...so why even have it.

I don't mind people making threads like this for feedbacks as long as they present the story as closely to the facts as they can, which I believe he did. I actually suggested he start this thread. That way if people think I am wrong in letting a negative stand they still have another option. I try to stay away from "my way or the highway" as much as I can.

Here's one for you I sent a msg to a seller that had an item I like he sent me numerous email's even called and talked to me on the phone wanted the deal to go thru this afternoon 2 hrs after he said he would call i called him NO ANSWER then I sent him an email to him asking about the deal he changed his mind. Took a couple hours out of my day emailing pictures an so forth just for him to back out when I logged in tonight I checked his feed back he has a neg -1 for the exact same reason he chenged his mind and didnt go thru with the deal. The guy is new to the forum regestered Mar 2011 and has backed out of two deals just to repost his weapon and try again. This guy doesn't need negative feed back HE NEEDS THE BOOT!
I'll Get off my soapbox now as for the question at hand no you do not deserve a negative feedback even if you to had met up you looked at the gun and deceided you didn't want it thats your right until you hold something in your hand and say yes this is what I want here is your money you can and should be able to change your mind.
And to you who say that after you type I'LL take it you go thru with the deal no matter what lets say you looked at the gun and the barrel was shot out you still going to buy? What if there is a crack in the nearly perfect stock you still going to buy? Better think again about saying it's a done deal I go thru with it no matter what after I say I will after looking at a picture online and a few back and forth TXT.

We could probably start a poll for this issue as well, but here is how I see it. Forums are not all that difficult to sign up for and there is only so much I can do to try and keep someone off the site. So, would you rather a guy with a couple negatives be allowed to stay on the site so you can at least see they have negatives, or would you rather I ban them and they find a workaround and create a new account with no itrader history at all?

Umm...Ooookay. I think if the time stamp on my "I'll take it" was earliest I'd be kinda ticked about your "merit system" approach to sales. I understand that you have the right to sell your stuff to whoever you want but...well... you'd never get another "I'll take it" from me.

Personally, If I had two "I'll take it's" within five minutes of each other and the second one is 100 miles closer than the first, I'm going to go with the second guy. Unless I said "First I'll take it gets it."

Well, I guess we know who the super mod was.

Not the one you think!

I think this should go under a "special" tab. Because the seller could have handled it better but so could you. I personally think it should be under a nuetrual feedback rating because you didnt under toe him and bought one cheaper (but you did tell him that you werent sure until holding it which you then could have backed out and then the story would be different.) It should be a no fault no harm type deal. He got his money (very fast) and you got a gun you werent 100% about at a lower cost which doesn't hurt you as bad. To put simply SH. (sh*t happens)

I am going to convert it to a neutral rating. Before some of you lose your minds, hear me out.

For one, I am pretty sure GDAWG will never do this again :) I also appreciate this thread because it will probably prevent many others from making the same mistake, and it also clears up the issue a little bit. If this same situation happens for someone else I now have a thread to point them to. And having a neutral means it will stay on his itrader but it won't negatively effect his score. I think this is ok because, as I said earlier, I do not think GDAWG will ever have this problem again.

I accept the overall rebuttal from the membership of the way I handled this deal to be, I should not have said " I will take it" without 100% certainty that I would. This will NOT happen again !

I think negative feedback should have been given, simply because you said "I will take it" and backed out. I wouldn't worry about it though, because its only one negative feedback. Besides, it's hard to tell exactly what you are getting by pictures on the internet. If you meet and it's not what you are expecting, you should have the right not to buy, negative feedback or not, its your money.

EDIT: This is a hypothetical situation, I know you didn't actually meet him and see the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom