• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A guy I know wants to add bayonet lugs on his mak90’s and nhm91’s if possible

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
He nor I am not aware if a bayonet lug can be made or added on? As I once years ago posted a converted mak90 to 56s and the guy said that a true conversion has the bayonet lug on it and some habe the cleaning rod. I am not sure how to accomplish this or the price. He converted the nhm91’s to where the lower hand guard has rails to add the bipod, so it doesn’t rest on the barrel which causes ****s to string us the barrel gets hit apparently. So, I don’t know if or how a lug could be added on. Just looking for potential fixes that aren’t expensive as he wants bayonets on his Ak’s. So if it can be done which bayonet would work best for the method used. Thanks for the info as I have an old friend who avoids computers like the plague. I have been helping him sell his stuff for years, no charge as he is a great old man. Which if anyone want an impossible to find Md arms 20rd 12ga Saiga/lynx mag I have one listed for him. He also wants to find a norinco sks d spiker or 56s spiker locally for cash if anyone can help(yes I know they are expensive).

The issued Chinese AK's were far more prevalent with the folding spike bayonet. For sake of parts availability, you would be better off converting it to a spiker than going through the effort of trying to convert it for a regular bayonet. Finding the correct Chinese gas block with bayonet lug isn't easy and the Chinese dimensions aren't quite the same as other AK's, so the correct block is important. You would also need a muzzle nut or slant brake, if his rifle will accommodate either.

I put a spike bayonet on mine and it wasn't a simple parts swap as the barrel needed to be turned down slightly to accommodate the new front sight tower and pinning it is a bitch too. Don't forget you'll need the correct front lower handguard too.

Quite frankly, he'd be ahead of the game by finding a Polytech Legend than to try and Frankenstein an MAK90.

Mine has a Bulgarian milled gas block.
The dimension is identical to the Chinese.
You need to start hunting for that Bulgarian milled gas block if bayonet lug is your thing.
Don’t forget the 922r crap when converting.

Thanks for the info, if anyone knows someone with a norinco 56s spiker he is willing to pay the about $2800 thru sell for on the country wide online sites. As he doesn’t want to go through all the ffl fees paperwork and crap. Hell is won’t even bother setting up an acct here as I have been running errands for him for years.

The issued Chinese AK's were far more prevalent with the folding spike bayonet. For sake of parts availability, you would be better off converting it to a spiker than going through the effort of trying to convert it for a regular bayonet. Finding the correct Chinese gas block with bayonet lug isn't easy and the Chinese dimensions aren't quite the same as other AK's, so the correct block is important. You would also need a muzzle nut or slant brake, if his rifle will accommodate either.

I put a spike bayonet on mine and it wasn't a simple parts swap as the barrel needed to be turned down slightly to accommodate the new front sight tower and pinning it is a bitch too. Don't forget you'll need the correct front lower handguard too.

Quite frankly, he'd be ahead of the game by finding a Polytech Legend than to try and Frankenstein an MAK90.
A while back PSA was selling new production Spiker clones. So they MIGHT be a source for parts. I said MIGHT so don't get your hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom