• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

___

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat. Never heard about this.
I had been following it for awhile and the last few years forgot about it. Amazing...there were all kinds of rumours flying around that the dude had lied about it and that it was a glorified snipe hunt. Some ladies husband died a few years back looking for it and she tried to sue him, if memory serves. Good on the dude for finding it!

It's interesting to me that he hasn't produced any evidence that it even was found. I suppose the conspiracy crowd will continue to say it's all a hoax until proof surfaces.

I had been following it for awhile and the last few years forgot about it. Amazing...there were all kinds of rumours flying around that the dude had lied about it and that it was a glorified snipe hunt. Some ladies husband died a few years back looking for it and she tried to sue him, if memory serves. Good on the dude for finding it!

It's interesting to me that he hasn't produced any evidence that it even was found. I suppose the conspiracy crowd will continue to say it's all a hoax until proof surfaces.
well arguably-- it is shaky at best.

well arguably-- it is shaky at best.
I totally get that the guy that found it wants to remain anonymous, but what harm is there in showing us the picture he sent as proof that it was found? I don't know...something in me says that Fenn realizes he is getting close to the end and either A) wants to put a lid on it or B) is beginning to regret the hoax and doesn't want people to continue the search after his death. Or maybe just somebody found it. :noidea:

There was an episode of Longmire that revolved around this. I did't realize it was really a thing.

Fenn's Treasure Poem
As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is drawing ever nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

If I found it no one else would ever know. I'll sell that stuff off a little bit at a time and take 20 years to do it. I can keep a secret but keeping it means never telling anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom