• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

9mm suppressor questions

jba6511

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
I will be picking up a 10.5 inch barrel threaded for 1/2x28 for my semi auto Uzi shortly and also have a CZ VZ 61 (skorpion) with a 5/8x24 thread. I would like to ideally get a suppressor I can use on both, as well as any 9mm pistols I pick up in the future (cz, baby eagle, glock, sigs, etc). Is there something out there that could be used with both rifles and pistols and could be used with the different threads or will I need two suppressors? Would like to keep the budget around 600 but if something more expensive would fit the criteria then I would consider that as well. New to the NFA world and suppressors in general.

Mystic is a robust but heavy suppressor. Rifle vs pistol doesn't matter as long as we're talking pistol calibers. Most pistol suppressors CANNOT handle rifle rounds. There are some exceptions like a sub sonic 300blk will work with most 9mm cans. Just pick out a can and read what the rated calibers work with it. As for your budget you will prob need to bump that up, and don't forget the 200$ tax stamp to add to the cost. Gets real expensive fast but it's worth it

Is that one hearing safe? Last I heard, Bout a year ago, the only 2 hearing safe ones were the ti-rant and the osprey. That's the last I've heard but haven't done research since I bought mine. I didn't do the osprey because while the shape is cool for pistols,I needed a round one to fit inside handguard rails.

Is that one hearing safe? Last I heard, Bout a year ago, the only 2 hearing safe ones were the ti-rant and the osprey. That's the last I've heard but haven't done research since I bought mine. I didn't do the osprey because while the shape is cool for pistols,I needed a round one to fit inside handguard rails.

138db wet when tested in June 2011. About 12db more than a dry Osprey 9mm. 11db omore than a dry Tirant. 17DB more than a wet Tirant.

But hey it is cheap, user serviceable, and will sound great on his 32ACP.

I went Osprey45, but I'm eventually going to get a round 9mm can for my 9mm AR/soon top be SBR. You lucky dog with your DDLES.

Hehe yeah that ddles is going to be the tits!

But that is something to think about. Yeah that suppressor is cheap, but it doesn't performs as well as the others. Suppressors are one of those things you want To buy once, cause you'll be crying for a long time ifyoudont like it.

Try silencer forums to get some research time in, class three purchases are more permanent than regular gun buying.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking 600 not including the tax stamp but will probably bump that up. Any thoughts on the SWR trident?

138db wet when tested in June 2011. About 12db more than a dry Osprey 9mm. 11db omore than a dry Tirant. 17DB more than a wet Tirant.

But hey it is cheap, user serviceable, and will sound great on his 32ACP.

I went Osprey45, but I'm eventually going to get a round 9mm can for my 9mm AR/soon top be SBR. You lucky dog with your DDLES.

Those numbers are from an older, shorter prototype can. The new design is much quieter. I really wish they would denote that. This can just got released about a month ago in its real form. It will be hearing safe I'm assured. So is an Isis, and a Octane, and a mystic. There are plenty of hearing safe 9mm cans out there these days.

If you are looking at 600 before tax, take a look at the QMF-2 group buy im doing. Its a .45ACP base caliber can, so anything you have now will work in it, as well as any other normal pistol will as well. The best part for your situation is the mounts. You can get a liberty uzi mount for it for your uzi, you can get a 5/8-24 fixed barrel adapter from liberty, TM, or GemTech. You can also use a booster from any of those 3 brands for your pistol.

Back
Top Bottom