• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm made me go Hmmm?

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
So my brain is wandering as it usually does and Ive been wanting to buy another gun. Since only Block seems to still have some 357 sigs It wont be a 357 sig. Not many in the wild for a decent price it seems either. There are still some 40s left floating around and will probably pick one up before they are extinct. Sigs PR with me sux now so Ill try to avoid that brand as well. Maybe HK but the really never cared about civilians. Smith drills holes in there revolvers. Maybe CZ or Ruger? Anyway...

So I started thinking why all of a sudden 9mm? Now I'm almost positivity the reasons are the way the virus effected supplies and production. The companies focused on certain calibers and then decided why not just keep it this way. Its easier, uses less material, is more cost effective and efficient than providing people with what they want we'll just provide them with what we want. Why provide people with options when companies know what you need? This answer satisfied me for awhile and then I started wandering again.

IF for some reason somehow things went wrong and the government decided to start acting "odd". What would benefit them? If they were to seize an individuals assets, wouldn't those assets be more useful if they could actually be used? If most of the population HAS to buy 9mm since that's pretty much the only semi auto being pushed on the majority then the government has access to a massive stockpile of guns and ammo that interacts with their current equipment.

Now I'm not saying its something I 100% believe but its something I believe is possible. I find it odd that so much effort is focused on 9mm and 10mm. So much so I wandered again and wondered if maybe the military might have a 10mm they might be working on. Perhaps I'm just getting old an bored so I try to invent a conspiracy theory. Maybe I'm just upset that companies have mostly abandoned my variety. Especially Sig. Or maybe were stockpiling ammo and parts for someone else. Its not like the left would somehow want to warp the gun industry into their own agenda

Biden.png

So my brain is wandering as it usually does and Ive been wanting to buy another gun. Since only Block seems to still have some 357 sigs It wont be a 357 sig. Not many in the wild for a decent price it seems either. There are still some 40s left floating around and will probably pick one up before they are extinct. Sigs PR with me sux now so Ill try to avoid that brand as well. Maybe HK but the really never cared about civilians. Smith drills holes in there revolvers. Maybe CZ or Ruger? Anyway...

So I started thinking why all of a sudden 9mm? Now I'm almost positivity the reasons are the way the virus effected supplies and production. The companies focused on certain calibers and then decided why not just keep it this way. Its easier, uses less material, is more cost effective and efficient than providing people with what they want we'll just provide them with what we want. Why provide people with options when companies know what you need? This answer satisfied me for awhile and then I started wandering again.

IF for some reason somehow things went wrong and the government decided to start acting "odd". What would benefit them? If they were to seize an individuals assets, wouldn't those assets be more useful if they could actually be used? If most of the population HAS to buy 9mm since that's pretty much the only semi auto being pushed on the majority then the government has access to a massive stockpile of guns and ammo that interacts with their current equipment.

Now I'm not saying its something I 100% believe but its something I believe is possible. I find it odd that so much effort is focused on 9mm and 10mm. So much so I wandered again and wondered if maybe the military might have a 10mm they might be working on. Perhaps I'm just getting old an bored so I try to invent a conspiracy theory. Maybe I'm just upset that companies have mostly abandoned my variety. Especially Sig. Or maybe were stockpiling ammo and parts for someone else. Its not like the left would somehow want to warp the gun industry into their own agenda
giphy-12.gif

Back
Top Bottom