• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/23 hunt

43F8997E-99B9-40E6-99AF-98A9C108516F.jpeg
They were out this mourning

So I geared up light for a look out back tonight.
Did t even make it into the woods and there was that young six just staring at me.
I got on one knee and scoped him.
Could ha e shot him right in the throat/chest at 20 yards but he needs to grow twice as wide as he is now....maybe another year or two.
So I lowered my crossbow and made a rift and super quietly walked away from him and went around my pole barn to sneak up around the side of him....lol....he was still looking straight ahead where I was standing before.
All of the sudden the big heard of nine came crashing down the hill to the right, over the creek and coming towards us like a freight train.
All of the sudden the six starts running towards them and they stop and turn uphill and cross behind me with a stand of pines blocking my view.
Oh well....went to my ladder ninja quiet and didn’t see anything but the six on his way back to his little zone.

The squirrels were off the chain tonight.

Hunted hard this morning and went out for a long afternoon/evening sit. Tree rats, big gray own and saw a nice gray fox walking out at about 10 yards. Sadly no deer seen all day.

Back
Top Bottom