• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

88 chevy c1500 radiator killed itself

Just call them. They sell to shops, not sure about individuals. Used them all the time for rads ac . The call center may even be open today?

I
Just found out from my employee that radiator number 3 has a broken fitting for transmission cooler.
cann believe it. Years ago I went through 3 water pumps for a 231 Buick before I got one that didn’t leak. Real frustrating when you install and it leaks from the start.

I have had good luck with 1800 radiator. The new plastic tank radiators are, IMO, throw away pieces anyway. Your saving grace is in that 88, its an easy swap. Pull the upper shroud and the hold down, drop the lines and hoses and out she comes.

got the new radiator in. havent finished the thermostat yet because chevy (wtf chevy, total ford move) decided to make the idler pulley do hickey that holds the serpentine belt on connect to a bolt on the thermostat housing. have a buddy coming over to help me with that in a few hours because i cant remove and replace that serpentine belt unless i have 3 hands lol

so what the ****

called 1-800 radiator, they got me a new one super fast and at good price

replaced the radiator and the thermostat, it appears the new thermostat doesnt want to open and the old 1 i took out doesnt look beat up. what gives? what else would cause stop flow of fluid to the engine? clogged hose?

Back
Top Bottom