• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

69 Camaro

ckhunter44

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
after getting her home we stripped and cleaned and cut out anyt and all bad metal, cleaning up the old spot welds now and getting ready to put the new trunk pan in and then all the tubular suspension, then will come upwards of 1000hp thanks to the 632 inch fat block we're working on now also.Will post more pics as it goes along 69 maro 007.jpg69 maro 005.jpg69 camaro 002.jpg69 camaro 029.jpg69 camaro 030.jpg

69 camaro 016.jpg69 camaro 026.jpg69 maro 006.jpg
few more pics
theres surface rust on the unprimed metal and where the galvanized coating has come off but all in al except for the trunk pan the old car was very solid. Long way from being done but cant wait till it is. Should be a handful on street tires

Its got a rack and pinion steering set up, and there will be mig and tig welds whichever works best in the spots we need welded. Its getting a 9" rearend, and complete 4 link suspension

Its got a rack and pinion steering set up, and there will be mig and tig welds whichever works best in the spots we need welded. Its getting a 9" rearend, and complete 4 link suspension
Yeah, I was wondering about the manufacturer. Is that the Total Control conversion? I had been looking at their setups for my old Cougar. I would love to come watch some of your welding and try to pick up some tips from someone who actually knows what they're doing. I'm trying to get good enough to graduate from self-taught floor pan replacements to some rusty spots on my roof...

Yeah, I was wondering about the manufacturer. Is that the Total Control conversion? I had been looking at their setups for my old Cougar. I would love to come watch some of your welding and try to pick up some tips from someone who actually knows what they're doing. I'm trying to get good enough to graduate from self-taught floor pan replacements to some rusty spots on my roof...

Its a Heidts complete set up, Im not sure of the manfacturer of the rack and pinion, it came in the box new but I didnt look at it too much. Im sure we could work out something I'll be updating it regularly, wont be getting anything done this weekend, going to the drag races with Roy Hill and watch him run his '12 Super Cobra Jet Mustang.

Last edited:
Well after getting into it further, looks like the same route as the 71 Challenger, new ,new, new sheetmetal everywhere. Oh well it will be a super straight and solid car when we're done with it.

Attachments

• Camaro pics 2 003.jpg
    Camaro pics 2 003.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Camaro pics 2 001.jpg
    Camaro pics 2 001.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Camaro pics 2 002.jpg
    Camaro pics 2 002.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Camaro pics 2 004.jpg
    Camaro pics 2 004.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 42
Very nice. Your project reminds me I need to get back on my wife's 68 firebird. It has new floors, trunk pan, and quarters. Trying to make it a low dollar build. So far most of the parts have resulted from swapping and selling left overs from other projects. Thanks for sharing. Mo

Back
Top Bottom