• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

60-year-old man shot and killed by narcotics agents - Paulding CO.

offbeat404

Default rank 5000+ posts
/dev/null
48   0
Reaction score
PAULDING COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
A 60-year-old man was shot and killed by narcotics agents Wednesday during a search warrant execution.

Agents with Haralson Paulding Narcotics Task Force were executing a search warrant on Nebo Road in Hiram after agents had been investigating the occupants of the home for selling narcotics.

According to agents, there had been narcotics purchases as well as several narcotics complaints on this residence.
When officials entered the residence, they saw Daniel John Thomas Hammett, 60, in a very dark hallway.

Agents instructed Hammett to show his hands and he initially did not comply, according to the HPDTF.

Officials from HPDTF said Hammett removed his hands from his waistband area and then raised his hands up in an aggressive manner while holding a black shiny object, which was pointed toward agents.

Agents opened fire on Hammett fatally striking him once.

It was later determined that Hammett had raised a canister of pepper spray toward the agents. Hammett was flown to Grady Memorial Hospital where he later died of his injuries.

so did they find the narc they were looking for? :suspicious:

and why didnt the NARCOTICS TASK FORCE have some sort of TACTICAL LIGHT?!
I mean ****. Surefire should be sending them brochures right now.

If I am executing a search warrant and someone raises a dark object and points it in my direction I am not going to waste valuable time trying to figure out what he is holding in his hands. Ever seen any improvised firearms? I have seen a .22 inside of a cell phone. Number one rule is to go home to your loved ones at night.

If I am an LEO and it is my job to enter someone elses home, im going to be damn sure before i take their life. they should have had a light.

now if this guy came out of an alley being aggresive towards LEOs and making an attack, sure.

if he is all the way down a hallway and doesnt know whats going on, he doesnt deserve to die. There have been many intruders that say they are the police. police dont have the right to take lives because they are scared. they have the right to protect lives.

and why didnt the NARCOTICS TASK FORCE have some sort of TACTICAL LIGHT?!
I mean ****. Surefire should be sending them brochures right now.

How about you describe and recount your best felony arrest of an armed subject? Or highest risk executed search warrant? Have you ever had to respond with lethal force on anything other than Call of Duty? Or better yet... Had any training that explains the idiotic scenario you are suggesting? If so, it's bad tactics.

Please attach a large amount of sarcasm to this... Until you have spilled the same blood in the same mud you are an armchair quarterback.

1st, im not an leo
2nd, if someone cant call foul for a guy being killed over pepper spray down the hall, I think thats stupid.
I was in the military and i have been around weapons for a while. I deployed and all that jazz. I was in Iraq.

Point is Shrek: all this blind fantacism over LEOs and Military gets rediculous. Is it a tough job? Hell yes. Is that what they sign up for Hell yes. Do they need to be sure when they take a life. yup. Will I support them when they do make a justified kill. Yup.
what about that marine that was shot by the swat team because they busted in his house at something like 2-3am and he had a SLUNG M4gery at low ready. should he have been killed? He was shot something like 60 times. He didnt even raise his weapon.

The cops were at the wrong address

Its our duty as the community to kind of keep an eye on this. I didnt start repremanding and one upping. I said they need Tac Lights. Show me a use of force model that allows for the killing of guy HOLDING pepper spray.

why is this important? one day it might be your house they mistake. And you or your kid might grab the pepper spray.

Do horrible things happen... Absolutely. Do the ROI from a combat theater carry over to civilian Law enforcement, at times. After a decade of previous law enforcement experience I find that I function well with only the holes God issued me. Police tactics in serving high risk warrants is a class all it's own at GPSTC, and as stated earlier Rule #1 Go home safe.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Do horrible things happen... Absolutely. Do the ROI from a combat theater carry over to civilian Law enforcement, at times. After a decade of previous law enforcement experience I find that I function well with only the holes God issued me. Police tactics in serving high risk warrants is a class all it's own at GPSTC, and as stated earlier Rule #1 Go home safe.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

fair enough. i hope you dont have a shiny mug of coffee in your hand when the cops barge in.

Back
Top Bottom