• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

45 years

Before I met my wife in ‘78 the longest I had been dating any girl was 2 months and that was only one, nobody else lasted more than two weeks. Then I met her, ”THE ONE.” I knew within minutes of meeting her I would marry that girl, I even called my best friend and told him. Of course he said I was full of **** and laughed. Six & a half months later he was the best man in my wedding. I sure wish he was still alive to see we’ve made it this long. It’s really hard to believe that was 45 years ago Saturday, I still can’t believe I’ve lived long enough to see it. It was by far the best anniversary we’ve had yet, I STILL love her more now than I did 45 years ago. I’m a very lucky man, I picked the RIGHT ONE the 1st time even though my parents didn’t, Dad was married and divorced four times and Mom was married and divorced EIGHT times! I vowed when I was 12 years old I would NOT live like that or put my kids through that crap and I haven’t. A marriage takes love, work and commitment….🤙
Amen sir and congratulations! A really good woman is very difficult to find now.

Thought about you last night when I opened that can of le sueur peas.

Before I met my wife in ‘78 the longest I had been dating any girl was 2 months and that was only one, nobody else lasted more than two weeks. Then I met her, ”THE ONE.” I knew within minutes of meeting her I would marry that girl, I even called my best friend and told him. Of course he said I was full of **** and laughed. Six & a half months later he was the best man in my wedding. I sure wish he was still alive to see we’ve made it this long. It’s really hard to believe that was 45 years ago Saturday, I still can’t believe I’ve lived long enough to see it. It was by far the best anniversary we’ve had yet, I STILL love her more now than I did 45 years ago. I’m a very lucky man, I picked the RIGHT ONE the 1st time even though my parents didn’t, Dad was married and divorced four times and Mom was married and divorced EIGHT times! I vowed when I was 12 years old I would NOT live like that or put my kids through that crap and I haven’t. A marriage takes love, work and commitment….🤙
AMEN BROTHER

Back
Top Bottom