• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.45 acp powder

scatter15

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
147   0
Reaction score
Have been loading rifle bullets for ten plus years now....Have loaded 357 and 44mags,,,but never any .45....Could someone tell me ,,what is a good powder to use for this??? I will be shooting 230 grain ball ammo,,in full size guns...Have some compact models for carry,,but found it easier to just buy ammo for them,,,,I rarely shoot them...Thanks for your time and trouble on this matter and have a great week to all!!!

I've used Red Dot. It's a little smokey, honestly, but seems to work ok. Real light loads with lead bullets makes for an easy day of shooting. Got some Titegroup and that I'm going to try out, also.

Universal powder for most apps. Accurate #5 for performance rounds.

I won't carry factory rounds.

Chuckdog, I thought the same thing until our reloading group meetup last Saturday.

Turns out the legal ramifications of shooting someone (should that ever be necessary) with your own self loaded ammo can be turned on you in court
quite easily. This conversation during our group setting really opened my eyes and made total sense once I thought about it. Just relaying what
we were talking about. Long story short you should use factory self defense rounds to be on the safe side.

Bruce

Chuckdog, I thought the same thing until our reloading group meetup last Saturday.

Turns out the legal ramifications of shooting someone (should that ever be necessary) with your own self loaded ammo can be turned on you in court
quite easily. This conversation during our group setting really opened my eyes and made total sense once I thought about it. Just relaying what
we were talking about. Long story short you should use factory self defense rounds to be on the safe side.

Bruce

Sorry.....with all due respect.......I call B.S..........sight me a case where that has happened........it's just another Libtard folklore.............I ONLY carry home grown!!

I don't let that old argument from 30+ years ago deter me from carrying the best ammo I can.

If I'm forced to use one, who assembled it will be the least of my worries.

Back
Top Bottom