• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

44 Magnum & 44 Special Loads - VihtaVuori

I use Titegroup and Unique for 44mag and 44 Speciacl loads. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING As mentioned above, Yes you can trim 44 magnum Brass down to 44 Special, but Please DESTROY it after your done Reloading it, so someone else doesn't doesn't Kill themselves Loading it for 44MAGNUM and also Be Very Careful yourself to not get it Mixed up.

These will only be fired in a 44 magnum pistol. I'm not trimming brass. I wanted some "44 special" or "cowboy loads" to shoot in the 44 magnum pistol so that the wife and kids can shoot the 44 magnum pistol without being punished by a full power 44 magnum load.

My Hornady manual doesn't show loads for much below 1,100 fps for the 44 magnum. I wanted to use lighter loads so was going to experiment with 44 special powder charges. Unfortunately I purchased N105 for the 44 mag and it doesn't seem to be suitable for the lighter cowboy loads or "44 special" loads.

Thanks

Accurate Arms #5 powder 180gr JHP Hornady XTP 7.8 grs powder = 878fps to max load 8.7grs powder = 1010 fps. If you have a larger gr bullet PM me I can give you all the data I Have on .44 Spcl.

Back
Top Bottom