• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

43 days

I started to compile my list of hunting rifles in order of use. LOL.
The first deer of the season has to be taken with my original Ruger M77 in 3006.
After this I get to play around a little bit. I have already decided I'm going to do a little more handgun hunting this year and also use more pistol caliber rifles.
It's not uncommon for me to have more than one rifle in my stand so if the Big Boy comes out and I need to make certain I can reach out and do the job I'll have a back up to the scopeless lever gun or handgun.
Can't wait...
IMG_20170814_175101~2.jpg

I started to compile my list of hunting rifles in order of use. LOL.
The first deer of the season has to be taken with my original Ruger M77 in 3006.
After this I get to play around a little bit. I have already decided I'm going to do a little more handgun hunting this year and also use more pistol caliber rifles.
It's not uncommon for me to have more than one rifle in my stand so if the Big Boy comes out and I need to make certain I can reach out and do the job I'll have a back up to the scopeless lever gun or handgun.
Can't wait...
View attachment 1296769

Hell yeah! I am gonna do my best to use just the bow this year. I said the same the last 3 yrs and haven't been able to do it yet but giving it another try this year

Hell yeah! I am gonna do my best to use just the bow this year. I said the same the last 3 yrs and haven't been able to do it yet but giving it another try this year
I borrowed one of my dad's crossbows just in case I get the urge to get out early. I'm not overly optimistic I'll probably just scout early and stay out of the woods in the weeks leading up to opening day.

I usually hunt archery all season long but there's always that time when you're in the tree during archery on a WMA and here comes this monster mature buck with an uncanny stark white rack that is too far out of your comfort zone for a good clean shot with your bow.
You wanna shoot so bad and know nobody will believe you saw this monster but......
You're telling yourself how friggin awesome it would be to have a rifle right now but you watch the buck move only when the wind blows and watch him crouch down when the wind stops....this goes on for what seems like forever until he disappears... then when rifle season comes your mind is made up and you have this bad ass dialed in 6.8 spc AR looking at you from across the room giggling in this deep sinister tone asking you "Are we ready yet?"

Back
Top Bottom