• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

40 sucks. The round is dead.

.40 is most amazing of all handgun calibers. It's manageable, accurate, has very flat trajectory, has nice manly feedback, very reliable feeding ans not expensive to shoot. I have Sig P239 in .40 and it's smooth as a silk to shoot. My 10 years old son also said that it's his most favorite caliber to shoot.

I've bought a few 40's lately simply because they were a good deal. Then I just got disgusted with them and sold em. I've come to the conclusion there's no such thing as a good deal on the .40.

more
Opinions are like ashholes, everybody's got one!

More expensive ammo? I buy 500 box of 40sw for $107 vs $100 for 9mm, and you really call it more expensive? 40 is superior to 9mm in many ways. I enjoy shooting 40 much more than 9mm. If someone doesn't like it, it's ok, but calling it "dead" is counterfactual. it's my faivorite round by far and for many reasons.

Back when the 9MM was taking the place of the .357 that the LE carried I seen a many a non compliant Hillary supporter shot with the 9mm. A few died but many would survive. When LE went to the .40 cal the numbers of participants leaving the hospital in a body bag seemed to increase. Now granted they were more targets of opportunity by this time. The Germans killed a lot of folks with a 9mm, FMJ to boot, but they were shooting folks in the back of head. So that isn't a good indicator of the lethality of the 9mm. I carry a .40 but I have man hands.

I have about ten maybe eleven glock 40s. I'm gonna stick with it. I even have a 35 mos on order

Back
Top Bottom