• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

375 Raptor

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
Long story short, I had some interest in getting an 8.6 blackout and suppressing it. While doing some Googling on the caliber I came across a couple of threads on snipers hide forum that made me reconsider and made mention of 375 Raptor as a caliber that basically does the same thing better, but doesn't have all the Q hype behind it.

What info I have been able to find is interesting, to me at least. The only things that are slightly keeping 8.6 in my consideration for now are ammo availability, which doesn't seem much better than 375R at the moment, and the fact that I already have a suppressor that will handle 8.6.

If I were to get either of these calibers, I would probably be building it as a 12 inch SBR AR-10. Most likely would be going with a Mos-tek barrel for either one since I could the 8.6 in something other than 1 in 3 twist.

I was hoping someone here has more knowledge about one or both calibers that they can share or possibly some experience with either one?

What makes the 8.6 blackout so effective is the twist rate. I am far from a q fanboi.

8.6 is getting saami approval now. Once it gets approval, you'll have many mfgs produce rounds, dropping the costs significantly. If I were a betting man, 8.6 will be around longer than 375r

What makes the 8.6 blackout so effective is the twist rate. I am far from a q fanboi.

8.6 is getting saami approval now. Once it gets approval, you'll have many mfgs produce rounds, dropping the costs significantly. If I were a betting man, 8.6 will be around longer than 375r

From what I've heard, SAAMI specs for 8.6 are already written and set and will be announced at Shot Show this year. Supposedly, SAAMI spec is going to be 1 in 5 twist.

Back
Top Bottom