• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

357 Magnum “Combat Revolver”

TacticalJeebus

Default rank 5000+ posts
Yes, it’s Jesus with an AR15.
489   0
Reaction score
I use the word “combat handgun” very lightly. But I’ve been shooting semi auto pistols for “combat or tactical” use for 3 years, whenever I was first eligible to carry a pistol. I’ve owned and shot several revolvers of different types and calibers during that time. However now I’d like to get a revolver I can carry but still use effectively for “combat”.

I’m not looking for a hammerless, trenched sights J Frame. But I don’t want a 4” monster 686 plus either. I want something I can carry concealed but still use effectively at 30 ish feet. I’d like to work on reloads and use it in some pistol competitions I normally participate in until I feel like I’ve become proficient with it all the way around.

Do any of you guys have experience with something like this? Suggestions? I feel like a 6 shot is a must. And need decent sights. I have considered a Model 19 2.75” or maybe a Model 66 2.75” Smith & Wesson. But I’m open to ideas.

What say you old revolver farts?

I use the word “combat handgun” very lightly. But I’ve been shooting semi auto pistols for “combat or tactical” use for 3 years, whenever I was first eligible to carry a pistol. I’ve owned and shot several revolvers of different types and calibers during that time. However now I’d like to get a revolver I can carry but still use effectively for “combat”.

I’m not looking for a hammerless, trenched sights J Frame. But I don’t want a 4” monster 686 plus either. I want something I can carry concealed but still use effectively at 30 ish feet. I’d like to work on reloads and use it in some pistol competitions I normally participate in until I feel like I’ve become proficient with it all the way around.

Do any of you guys have experience with something like this? Suggestions? I feel like a 6 shot is a must. And need decent sights. I have considered a Model 19 2.75” or maybe a Model 66 2.75” Smith & Wesson. But I’m open to ideas.

What say you old revolver farts?

I’ve had many of 66 and 19s 2-1/2” pre lock configuration. They are great but I do enjoy my 640 pro series with night sights as well it is a great carry gun and very accurate. Also looks good in my opinion

d2e681c323768c3af581a84ee6c4d908.png

99d0c1df70b248f1fc46370f9bb6dfa4.png

I’ve had many of 66 and 19s 2-1/2” pre lock configuration. They are great but I do enjoy my 640 pro series with night sights as well it is a great carry gun and very accurate. Also looks good in my opinion

d2e681c323768c3af581a84ee6c4d908.png

99d0c1df70b248f1fc46370f9bb6dfa4.png
Is that a 5 or 6 shot cylinder?

5 shot J frame you can get it in a 6 shot .327MAG but to me if 5 doesn’t get the job done 6 won’t help much.
I agree with that for the EDC aspect. But I’d like to shoot some competition and such with it. Like IDPA. Hence the 6 shot requirement.

Reactions: JHW
Back
Top Bottom