• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300blk neck mouth flaring?

Oh ****! I set it as the manual says. "Screw in till it touches the shell plate, lock in place!"

You know whats crazy? Sometimes when I seat a bullet, it won't fit in the gauge half way! LOL. Its like the bullet makes the case widen and can't fit. I'll try that NOW!

No...screw it in until it touches, then at least another 1/4 turn. :thumb:

DUDE ROMILAYU I OWE YOU ONE! You're right! I had to turn it deeper! WTF. I had to lower the ram to adjust it. If I did the manual way, I wouldn't beable to do that! Now it sits in the gauge BELOW the minimum spec level!

No...screw it in until it touches, then at least another 1/4 turn. :thumb:

I had to lower the ram to turn it more. I tried screwing it all the way down pack tight but it was flush with max level spec on the guage. So I lowered the ram and turned it a little bit more.

Dude I spent all night lastnight and all day at work today figuring out whats wrong. I ponied up for a Lyman prep center thinking it was the mouth flare but when I deburred it and chamfer, it was still sticking up. I removed the rod like you told me and the ball of the spindle had little marks on it. I guess thats what was flaring the mouth.

Thanks dude! Now is the tidious job. Sizing it all now and removing lube since they are all primed.

With mine I had to screw it in what seemed like A LOT. Almost like another half turn.

Yeah I followed by Hornady's manual and I knew my dies were adjusted like it should but really HOrnady was wrong. I searched the whole web and alot of people were saying Hornady been writing random stuff just to write a book.

Dude I spent all night lastnight and all day at work today figuring out whats wrong. I ponied up for a Lyman prep center thinking it was the mouth flare but when I deburred it and chamfer, it was still sticking up. I removed the rod like you told me and the ball of the spindle had little marks on it. I guess thats what was flaring the mouth.

It was.....glad you figured it out. Happy to help!

Back
Top Bottom